Chandi chanting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste,

I would like to start chanting the Chandi path when the next group

sankalpa arises. I wanted to clarify what the Pranayam for it is: is it

correct that it is one inhalation chanting the navarna mantra, and on

the exhalation chanting two verses of the Chandi?

Thank you

Jai Maa

Sushuddha

Guest guest

I think that's the traditional way Swamiji teaches it - but I also believe Swami has said that other mantras may be used. I find the navarna to be a bit long for the inbreath, and so usually use the mantra HRIM instead. It would be interesting to hear what Swamiji would say about this.matthewgindin <matthewgindin wrote: Namaste,I would like to start chanting the Chandi path when the next group sankalpa arises. I wanted to clarify what the Pranayam for it is: is it correct that it is one

inhalation chanting the navarna mantra, and on the exhalation chanting two verses of the Chandi? Thank youJai MaaSushuddha

Sick sense of humor? Visit TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when.

Guest guest

Hi Nirmal,

I think the " official position " on this is first, to chant the number

of verses that is comfortable for you - two is good, but one is good

too (as is more than two verses), as long as you remain consistent

throughout. Second, the guru mantra is generally preferred for

pranayama with chanting, followed by any other appropriate mantra for

the worship - like navarna for the Chandi (or Hrim).

Personally, I usually do two verses to the breath, and (I don't know

if this is right, but it feels OK) I do the dhyanams in one breath,

and if there is a section where I sing the verses, like chapter

eleven, I breath once for each half a verse.

Jai Maa!

Chris

, Nirmalananda Saraswati

<nirmalananda1008 wrote:

>

> I think that's the traditional way Swamiji teaches it - but I also

believe Swami has said that other mantras may be used. I find the

navarna to be a bit long for the inbreath, and so usually use the

mantra HRIM instead. It would be interesting to hear what Swamiji

would say about this.

>

> matthewgindin <matthewgindin wrote: Namaste,

>

> I would like to start chanting the Chandi path when the next group

> sankalpa arises. I wanted to clarify what the Pranayam for it is: is it

> correct that it is one inhalation chanting the navarna mantra, and on

> the exhalation chanting two verses of the Chandi?

> Thank you

> Jai Maa

> Sushuddha

> Sick sense of humor? Visit TV's Comedy with an Edge to see

what's on, when.

>

Guest guest

Thank you to both of you! I'm excited to begin chanting the Chandi.

jai Maa!

Sushuddha

On 7/6/07, Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956 wrote:

Hi Nirmal,I think the " official position " on this is first, to chant the numberof verses that is comfortable for you - two is good, but one is goodtoo (as is more than two verses), as long as you remain consistent

throughout. Second, the guru mantra is generally preferred forpranayama with chanting, followed by any other appropriate mantra forthe worship - like navarna for the Chandi (or Hrim). Personally, I usually do two verses to the breath, and (I don't know

if this is right, but it feels OK) I do the dhyanams in one breath,and if there is a section where I sing the verses, like chaptereleven, I breath once for each half a verse.Jai Maa!Chris , Nirmalananda Saraswati<nirmalananda1008 wrote:

>> I think that's the traditional way Swamiji teaches it - but I alsobelieve Swami has said that other mantras may be used. I find thenavarna to be a bit long for the inbreath, and so usually use the

mantra HRIM instead. It would be interesting to hear what Swamijiwould say about this.> > matthewgindin <matthewgindin wrote: Namaste,> > I would like to start chanting the Chandi path when the next group > sankalpa arises. I wanted to clarify what the Pranayam for it is: is it > correct that it is one inhalation chanting the navarna mantra, and on > the exhalation chanting two verses of the Chandi?

> Thank you> Jai Maa> Sushuddha> > > > > > > > Sick sense of humor? Visit TV's Comedy with an Edge to see

what's on, when.> -- Matthew GindinTO, Canada416-633-7765

Guest guest

Yes, Thank you Chris for bringing up this point. It is important to establish the number of verses we can comfortably recite before taking a breath and saying the mantra (on the in-breath). a half verse, of whole verse, or two or three, etc...Jai Maa!Chris Kirner <chriskirner1956 wrote: Hi Nirmal, I think the "official position" on this is first, to chant the number of verses that is comfortable for you - two is good, but one is good too (as is more than two verses), as long as you remain

consistent throughout. Second, the guru mantra is generally preferred for pranayama with chanting, followed by any other appropriate mantra for the worship - like navarna for the Chandi (or Hrim). Personally, I usually do two verses to the breath, and (I don't know if this is right, but it feels OK) I do the dhyanams in one breath, and if there is a section where I sing the verses, like chapter eleven, I breath once for each half a verse. Jai Maa! Chris , Nirmalananda Saraswati <nirmalananda1008 wrote: > > I think that's the traditional way Swamiji teaches it - but I also believe Swami has said that other mantras may be used. I find the navarna to be a bit long for the inbreath, and so usually use the mantra HRIM instead. It would be interesting to hear what Swamiji would say

about this. > > matthewgindin <matthewgindin wrote: Namaste, > > I would like to start chanting the Chandi path when the next group > sankalpa arises. I wanted to clarify what the Pranayam for it is: is it > correct that it is one inhalation chanting the navarna mantra, and on > the exhalation chanting two verses of the Chandi? > Thank you > Jai Maa > Sushuddha > > > > > > > > Sick sense of humor? Visit TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on, when. >

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.