IndiaDivine.org

Happy Guru Day

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Beloved family,

This verse was shared with you before, but modified a few days ago, while journeying to the Caribbean and feeling the loss of having to leave the Devi Mandir - my heaven, my home.

"The foxes have holes, the birds have nest

We sons of men have Satguru's Feet

There to rest.

Dear Mother You have come in the form of Shree Maa

To love us, to teach us and give us darshan."

I bow to those pure souls who have made Guru's Feet their Home and pray their continued inspiration to seekers on the path of Sat-chi-ananda.

May we all be blessed with Guru's darshan.

Happy Guru Day.

Jai Guru

Guest guest

Namaste We had a wonderful day at the Mandir this Guru Purnama. In

the morning we did the Chandi homa with Ma and Swami. It was very

sweet. So much bhav, so much joy. My wife, Bharati, and I were able

to sit very close to Maa and I am certain that She helped keep my mind

on the mantras and my body firmly seated on my asan. The mantras flew

by, and suddenly Swami was asking Chandi Maa for Her blessings in

Chapter 13.

Then we finished chanting and performed aarti and Maa and Swami gave

us all blessings and prasad. After a perfect meal, we broke into

groups and performed seva, some cleaning the Temple, and others moving

wood into the wood shed, while Maa and Swami went for rest.

Maa asked us to return in the evening for another satsung. Because it

was the full moon, we performed the Satya Naraayana Vrat. Before

beginning the Vrat, Maa and Swami sang Guru themed songs with us.

Very beautifully She sang, and as our hearts open wider and wider,

Srini jumped up to danced, then several others, then I too joined in.

We clapped and sang, and danced. Everyone with huge smiles on their

faces.

Then we performed the Vrat and when it was completed, we did an

incredible aarti. After about 10 minutes of singing, Maa arose from

Her seat and with bells in Her hands, She danced into the center of

the Temple, in front of the altar. Many of the devotees formed a

circle around Her, and while She danced and rang bells in the center

of the circle, we all danced round and round Her. All singing over

and over, Jai Maa, Jai Maa,, Jai Maa. The air was electric, and all

hearts were overflowing with joy.

When the singing ended, Maa lay down full length on the Temple floor,

facing the Cosmic altar. Silence. Deep and complete silence.

When She arose, She and Swami sat and gave us all darshan and prasad.

Dear reader, you know what was so amazing about the entire day? There

was no special focus on Maa and Swami as the Gurus. Just all of us as

one soul, sharing the love and peace and gratitude that one feels when

one is in perfect harmony with everyone else.

In the morning, Maa and asked one of the devotees, " Who is your Guru?

The devotee answered, " It is you Maa. "

Maa replied, " It is your own Soul " .

And that statement captures the bhav of the entire day: the

celebration of " The Guru As The Full Moon. "

Please share your experiences of this wonder-full day.

Jai Maa Jai Swami

love

vishweshwar

, " kaliananda_saraswati "

<kaliananda_saraswati wrote:

>

>

> Beloved family,

>

> This verse was shared with you before, but modified a few days ago,

> while journeying to the Caribbean and feeling the loss of having to

> leave the Devi Mandir - my heaven, my home.

>

> " The foxes have holes, the birds have nest

>

> We sons of men have Satguru's Feet

>

> There to rest.

>

> Dear Mother You have come in the form of Shree Maa

>

> To love us, to teach us and give us darshan. "

>

>

>

> I bow to those pure souls who have made Guru's Feet their Home and pray

> their continued inspiration to seekers on the path of Sat-chi-ananda.

>

>

>

> May we all be blessed with Guru's darshan.

>

>

>

> Happy Guru Day.

>

>

>

> Jai Guru

>

Guest guest

Wow, thanks Vish for filling in the hole with your discriptions. As I watched from the web I cld see most of what was going on, as each of you read it was like being there with everyone. The camera was set dif. this time, wide screen from far back, it was great. The singing was wonderful and just went on and on, as to say, get up don't just sit there in front of that machine. So I fired up the insence and did arahti with everyone. It was wonderful. Knew everyone wld be eating together and having wonderful fellowship. Then the cleaning wld begin. I'll never forget how great it was working with everyone. It gave me a chance to get to know even more people. It was such a blessing watching everthing start to sparkle. Thanks all of you who keep the webcams going. Blessing to you

all. Love & blessing to the whole family, you are all so closerto my heart. Wonderful Satsang Deviinspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108 wrote: Namaste We had a wonderful day at the Mandir this Guru Purnama. Inthe morning we did the Chandi homa with Ma and Swami. It was verysweet. So much bhav, so much joy. My wife, Bharati, and I were ableto sit very close to Maa and I am certain that She helped keep my mindon the

mantras and my body firmly seated on my asan. The mantras flewby, and suddenly Swami was asking Chandi Maa for Her blessings inChapter 13. Then we finished chanting and performed aarti and Maa and Swami gaveus all blessings and prasad. After a perfect meal, we broke intogroups and performed seva, some cleaning the Temple, and others movingwood into the wood shed, while Maa and Swami went for rest.Maa asked us to return in the evening for another satsung. Because itwas the full moon, we performed the Satya Naraayana Vrat. Beforebeginning the Vrat, Maa and Swami sang Guru themed songs with us. Very beautifully She sang, and as our hearts open wider and wider,Srini jumped up to danced, then several others, then I too joined in.We clapped and sang, and danced. Everyone with huge smiles on theirfaces. Then we performed the Vrat and when it was completed, we did anincredible aarti. After about 10 minutes of singing, Maa

arose fromHer seat and with bells in Her hands, She danced into the center ofthe Temple, in front of the altar. Many of the devotees formed acircle around Her, and while She danced and rang bells in the centerof the circle, we all danced round and round Her. All singing overand over, Jai Maa, Jai Maa,, Jai Maa. The air was electric, and allhearts were overflowing with joy. When the singing ended, Maa lay down full length on the Temple floor,facing the Cosmic altar. Silence. Deep and complete silence. When She arose, She and Swami sat and gave us all darshan and prasad. Dear reader, you know what was so amazing about the entire day? Therewas no special focus on Maa and Swami as the Gurus. Just all of us asone soul, sharing the love and peace and gratitude that one feels whenone is in perfect harmony with everyone else. In the morning, Maa and asked one of the devotees, "Who is your Guru?The devotee answered, "It is

you Maa."Maa replied, "It is your own Soul".And that statement captures the bhav of the entire day: thecelebration of "The Guru As The Full Moon." Please share your experiences of this wonder-full day.Jai Maa Jai Swamilovevishweshwar , "kaliananda_saraswati"<kaliananda_saraswati wrote:>> > Beloved family,> > This verse was shared with you before, but modified a few days ago,> while journeying to the Caribbean and feeling the loss of having to> leave the Devi Mandir - my heaven, my home.> > "The foxes have holes, the birds have nest> > We sons of men have Satguru's Feet> > There to rest.> > Dear Mother You have come in the form of Shree Maa> > To love us, to teach us and give us

darshan."> > > > I bow to those pure souls who have made Guru's Feet their Home and pray> their continued inspiration to seekers on the path of Sat-chi-ananda.> > > > May we all be blessed with Guru's darshan.> > > > Happy Guru Day.> > > > Jai Guru>

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.

Guest guest

Your day sounds like it was very bliss-filled and wonderful, Vish.

I did my homa and it went very well. As I usually do, I began late. It

was around eleven, I think before I finally had everything set-up and

I took to my asana. There was only one hitch (it seems like there had

to be something), when it came time to purify the water I realized I

had forgotten and left the rice mixture for the offering in the house!

I felt bad, but there was nothing I could do, I begged forgiveness,

got up and got it. I just continued on from there (though I likely

should have started over).

The homa part went quite beautifully, I think. The time and the

mantras just flew right by, and before I knew it, I was finished. I

know my gurudevas were there with their bhaava, helping me. Reciting

the Guru Gita is always a bit like sitting with an old friend for a

visit. The night was beautiful, the full moon shining over my

shoulder, and the air quiet with anticipation to hear every new verse.

I finished at around two.

Jai Maa!

Chris

, " inspectionconnection108 "

<inspectionconnection108 wrote:

>

> Namaste We had a wonderful day at the Mandir this Guru Purnama. In

> the morning we did the Chandi homa with Ma and Swami. It was very

> sweet. So much bhav, so much joy. My wife, Bharati, and I were able

> to sit very close to Maa and I am certain that She helped keep my mind

> on the mantras and my body firmly seated on my asan. The mantras flew

> by, and suddenly Swami was asking Chandi Maa for Her blessings in

> Chapter 13.

> Then we finished chanting and performed aarti and Maa and Swami gave

> us all blessings and prasad. After a perfect meal, we broke into

> groups and performed seva, some cleaning the Temple, and others moving

> wood into the wood shed, while Maa and Swami went for rest.

> Maa asked us to return in the evening for another satsung. Because it

> was the full moon, we performed the Satya Naraayana Vrat. Before

> beginning the Vrat, Maa and Swami sang Guru themed songs with us.

> Very beautifully She sang, and as our hearts open wider and wider,

> Srini jumped up to danced, then several others, then I too joined in.

> We clapped and sang, and danced. Everyone with huge smiles on their

> faces.

> Then we performed the Vrat and when it was completed, we did an

> incredible aarti. After about 10 minutes of singing, Maa arose from

> Her seat and with bells in Her hands, She danced into the center of

> the Temple, in front of the altar. Many of the devotees formed a

> circle around Her, and while She danced and rang bells in the center

> of the circle, we all danced round and round Her. All singing over

> and over, Jai Maa, Jai Maa,, Jai Maa. The air was electric, and all

> hearts were overflowing with joy.

> When the singing ended, Maa lay down full length on the Temple floor,

> facing the Cosmic altar. Silence. Deep and complete silence.

> When She arose, She and Swami sat and gave us all darshan and prasad.

> Dear reader, you know what was so amazing about the entire day? There

> was no special focus on Maa and Swami as the Gurus. Just all of us as

> one soul, sharing the love and peace and gratitude that one feels when

> one is in perfect harmony with everyone else.

> In the morning, Maa and asked one of the devotees, " Who is your Guru?

> The devotee answered, " It is you Maa. "

> Maa replied, " It is your own Soul " .

> And that statement captures the bhav of the entire day: the

> celebration of " The Guru As The Full Moon. "

> Please share your experiences of this wonder-full day.

>

> Jai Maa Jai Swami

>

> love

>

> vishweshwar

>

>

>

> , " kaliananda_saraswati "

> <kaliananda_saraswati@> wrote:

> >

> >

> > Beloved family,

> >

> > This verse was shared with you before, but modified a few days ago,

> > while journeying to the Caribbean and feeling the loss of having to

> > leave the Devi Mandir - my heaven, my home.

> >

> > " The foxes have holes, the birds have nest

> >

> > We sons of men have Satguru's Feet

> >

> > There to rest.

> >

> > Dear Mother You have come in the form of Shree Maa

> >

> > To love us, to teach us and give us darshan. "

> >

> >

> >

> > I bow to those pure souls who have made Guru's Feet their Home and

pray

> > their continued inspiration to seekers on the path of Sat-chi-ananda.

> >

> >

> >

> > May we all be blessed with Guru's darshan.

> >

> >

> >

> > Happy Guru Day.

> >

> >

> >

> > Jai Guru

> >

>

Guest guest

Vish,Wow, this has really brought me to that moment, captured in the cosmos for all who will to share and receive blessing.

For the past days my mind was almost reeling trying to fully grasp the aspect of seeing divinity in all creation as I was trying to relate divinity to a form or action. However, reading your mail and remembering this paragraph which I came across earlier I understand now that only a pure heart can see divinity. The text reads -

"This (divine) love is based on the spiritual oneness and harmony between all beings, which is sublime. It is a source of spiritual bliss. It is a love based not on bodily relations or mutual attraction, but it is based on being one in spirit, beyond the temporary nature of the body. This is the love for which everyone searches, from which springs forth peace, harmony, and unity, of which all other kinds of love are mere reflections. This state of being is reached only through spirituality. Therefore, a life without spirituality is a life incomplete. All have the need to fill their souls with spirituality, the presence of God, in order to feel fullness, peace, contentment, and unity."

and précised in your words "all of us as one soul, sharing the love and peace and gratitude that one feels when one is in perfect harmony with everyone else.You were all blessed with inner and outer bath of Pure Love, the love that knows only Unity - truth, bliss and consciousness. Many thanks for sharing.

Eternal blessing to our Beloved Gurujis.

Pranams.

Kaliananda , "inspectionconnection108" <inspectionconnection108 wrote:>> Namaste We had a wonderful day at the Mandir this Guru Purnama. In> the morning we did the Chandi homa with Ma and Swami. It was very> sweet. So much bhav, so much joy. My wife, Bharati, and I were able> to sit very close to Maa and I am certain that She helped keep my mind> on the mantras and my body firmly seated on my asan. The mantras flew> by, and suddenly Swami was asking Chandi Maa for Her blessings in> Chapter 13. > Then we finished chanting and performed aarti and Maa and Swami gave> us all blessings and prasad. After a perfect meal, we broke into> groups and performed seva, some cleaning the Temple, and others moving> wood into the wood shed, while Maa and Swami went for rest.> Maa asked us to return in the evening for another satsung. Because it> was the full moon, we performed the Satya Naraayana Vrat. Before> beginning the Vrat, Maa and Swami sang Guru themed songs with us. > Very beautifully She sang, and as our hearts open wider and wider,> Srini jumped up to danced, then several others, then I too joined in.> We clapped and sang, and danced. Everyone with huge smiles on their> faces. > Then we performed the Vrat and when it was completed, we did an> incredible aarti. After about 10 minutes of singing, Maa arose from> Her seat and with bells in Her hands, She danced into the center of> the Temple, in front of the altar. Many of the devotees formed a> circle around Her, and while She danced and rang bells in the center> of the circle, we all danced round and round Her. All singing over> and over, Jai Maa, Jai Maa,, Jai Maa. The air was electric, and all> hearts were overflowing with joy. > When the singing ended, Maa lay down full length on the Temple floor,> facing the Cosmic altar. Silence. Deep and complete silence. > When She arose, She and Swami sat and gave us all darshan and prasad. > Dear reader, you know what was so amazing about the entire day? There> was no special focus on Maa and Swami as the Gurus. Just all of us as> one soul, sharing the love and peace and gratitude that one feels when> one is in perfect harmony with everyone else. > In the morning, Maa and asked one of the devotees, "Who is your Guru?> The devotee answered, "It is you Maa."> Maa replied, "It is your own Soul".> And that statement captures the bhav of the entire day: the> celebration of "The Guru As The Full Moon." > Please share your experiences of this wonder-full day.> > Jai Maa Jai Swami> > love> > vishweshwar> > > > , "kaliananda_saraswati"> kaliananda_saraswati@ wrote:> >> > > > Beloved family,> > > > This verse was shared with you before, but modified a few days ago,> > while journeying to the Caribbean and feeling the loss of having to> > leave the Devi Mandir - my heaven, my home.> > > > "The foxes have holes, the birds have nest> > > > We sons of men have Satguru's Feet> > > > There to rest.> > > > Dear Mother You have come in the form of Shree Maa> > > > To love us, to teach us and give us darshan."> > > > > > > > I bow to those pure souls who have made Guru's Feet their Home and pray> > their continued inspiration to seekers on the path of Sat-chi-ananda.> > > > > > > > May we all be blessed with Guru's darshan.> > > > > > > > Happy Guru Day.> > > > > > > > Jai Guru> >>