IndiaDivine.org

Inside Sutras -- 2- The Bija Kleen

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All,Here is an extract from the book "Inside Sutras" . Acknowledgement and thanks to Swamiji/Rami/Srini.

"Clean:No one will leave any mess for any other person to clean up. That is borrowing karma. Our purpose is to become free from debt. Bring your own asana and take it back with you. After you complete your puja, remove your belongings. As much as you can , keep clean. Make sure you have clean clothes with no jhuta"

Once I remember Swamiji asking us if we knew the mool mantra of the temple. He then continued "It is Kleen" (another variation of pronunciation on the bija "Klim") , ie "It is CLEAN"

The Mandir is run entirely by sevaks - volunteers amongst devotees and disciples. We all pitch in to help maintain the place - whether it be cleaning the temple / kitchen/ dharamshala /bathrooms/ temple grounds. And any help offered to help keep the place clean is much appreciated.

But first , the most important help anyone can do when they visit the Mandir is to atleast clean up after themselves.

If you are curious - what is the meaning of "jhuta" ? Jhuta is a term that loosely translates to "impurity". In every action that we perform, especially that pertains to the Mandir, we try to avoid jhuta.

So when we enter the temple, we try to be as pure as possible. If we need to use the bathroom prior to entering the temple, we try to take a bath after we use the toilet. We wear clean clothes . If we sit for puja, we perform "achaman" - cleaning ones mouth and hands with water - so that everything we touch with our hands is pure, and every word that comes from our mouth is pure.

By keeping ourselves clean, we demonstrate reverence to the temple and our Gurus.

Please share your thoughts on this topic. Vish ? Anyone ?

Thanks and loveNanda

Nandaji Maharani and Everyone Else Here,

Forgive me if I am being too direct and blunt, but as I understand it, we don't try to take a bath after we use the toliet, we make sure we take one--a quick shower suffices just fine. This is especially true when going to enter the temple. As Yoda said, "Do or do not. There is no try". In this case, please do.

It may seem strange or burdensome at first and we may not understand the reasoning behind it, but it just requires a little change in behavior. Changing our behavior is what we come to the Mandir (and Maa and Swamiji) in the first place. When we go to someone's home, a temple or any other holy place, it is important to honor the customs there, even if we don't follow these in our own home.

What you will notice if you spend a little time at the Mandir is that the level of purity maintained there by actions like these has a TREMENDOUS effect on the vibrations there. The level of worship and level of purity there, go hand in hand.

What it lead me to discover is that by lowering my requirement for water (I normally drink at least a gallon a day), I didn't need to go to the bathroom all that much. Little sips when needed, gave me just enough to maintain a sort of state of equilibrium with my body. It absorbed what I drank and I didn't need to stop my worship to go to the toliet. I had only a slight feeling of wanting to empty my bladder, but it never really became any more intense. This allowed me to spend the majority of the day engaged in worship, which was my goal. Over the course of the week I spent at the Mandir that Navratri a few years back, it lead me to be able to regulate my bodily functions quite neatly and definitively. This type of regulation is a goal of a Yogi. By my last day I was able to work up to engaging myself in nearly 24 hrs of straight worship, of one form or another, forgoing sleep, food, and drinking very little water. I went to the bathroom only upon arising the morning before and just before evening worship. The experience had quite an effect on me, and has stayed with me still.

Regarding Seva, my thoughts are that it is such a great honor and privilege to be able to perform any Seva at a Holy Place like the Devi Mandir and/or to Mahatmas like Shree Maa and Swamiji. How many lifetimes of good deeds need to be performed before such Illustrous Karma even surfaces? If such an opportunity arises for you, take advantage of it and do as much as you can! Dive deep! I guarantee you will see the results for yourself, not that this should be the goal. To be honest, performing the act of Seva really benefits you the most. It benefits can never be fully extolled and it is a potent as any other spiritual practice.

I can certainly state wholeheartedly that Seva has changed and defined my life.

I hope I have not rambled on too much or stated anything out of line. If I have, I apologize.

JAI MAA!

Surya

-

Nanda

Thursday, August 30, 2007 9:13 PM

[www.ShreeMaa.org] Inside Sutras -- 2- The Bija "Kleen"

Dear All,Here is an extract from the book "Inside Sutras" . Acknowledgement and thanks to Swamiji/Rami/Srini.

"Clean:No one will leave any mess for any other person to clean up. That is borrowing karma. Our purpose is to become free from debt. Bring your own asana and take it back with you. After you complete your puja, remove your belongings. As much as you can , keep clean. Make sure you have clean clothes with no jhuta"

Once I remember Swamiji asking us if we knew the mool mantra of the temple. He then continued "It is Kleen" (another variation of pronunciation on the bija "Klim") , ie "It is CLEAN"

The Mandir is run entirely by sevaks - volunteers amongst devotees and disciples. We all pitch in to help maintain the place - whether it be cleaning the temple / kitchen/ dharamshala /bathrooms/ temple grounds. And any help offered to help keep the place clean is much appreciated.

But first , the most important help anyone can do when they visit the Mandir is to atleast clean up after themselves.

If you are curious - what is the meaning of "jhuta" ? Jhuta is a term that loosely translates to "impurity". In every action that we perform, especially that pertains to the Mandir, we try to avoid jhuta.

So when we enter the temple, we try to be as pure as possible. If we need to use the bathroom prior to entering the temple, we try to take a bath after we use the toilet. We wear clean clothes . If we sit for puja, we perform "achaman" - cleaning ones mouth and hands with water - so that everything we touch with our hands is pure, and every word that comes from our mouth is pure.

By keeping ourselves clean, we demonstrate reverence to the temple and our Gurus.

Please share your thoughts on this topic. Vish ? Anyone ?

Thanks and loveNanda

Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.12/979 - Release 8/29/2007 8:21 PM

Namaste Nanda Maa, Wonderful information. Question: What is a mool mantra exactly? Hear it mentioned for the dieties and see the differance in them there is this the same type of mantra but for temple. And how is it used for temple? Thank you!Nanda <chandimaakijai wrote: Dear All,Here is an extract from the book "Inside Sutras" . Acknowledgement and thanks to Swamiji/Rami/Srini. "Clean:No one will leave

any mess for any other person to clean up. That is borrowing karma. Our purpose is to become free from debt. Bring your own asana and take it back with you. After you complete your puja, remove your belongings. As much as you can , keep clean. Make sure you have clean clothes with no jhuta" Once I remember Swamiji asking us if we knew the mool mantra of the temple. He then continued "It is Kleen" (another variation of pronunciation on the bija "Klim") , ie "It is CLEAN" The Mandir is run entirely by sevaks - volunteers amongst devotees and disciples. We all pitch in to help maintain the place - whether it be cleaning the temple / kitchen/ dharamshala /bathrooms/ temple grounds. And any help offered to help keep the place clean is much appreciated. But first , the most important help anyone can do when they visit the Mandir is to atleast clean up after

themselves. If you are curious - what is the meaning of "jhuta" ? Jhuta is a term that loosely translates to "impurity". In every action that we perform, especially that pertains to the Mandir, we try to avoid jhuta. So when we enter the temple, we try to be as pure as possible. If we need to use the bathroom prior to entering the temple, we try to take a bath after we use the toilet. We wear clean clothes . If we sit for puja, we perform "achaman" - cleaning ones mouth and hands with water - so that everything we touch with our hands is pure, and every word that comes from our mouth is pure. By keeping ourselves clean, we demonstrate reverence to the temple and our Gurus. Please share your thoughts on this topic. Vish ? Anyone ? Thanks and loveNanda

oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.