IndiaDivine.org

Walking the Path - 9 October

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank You Ancestors

......, and at present we are in a very good place. So we want to say to all of our ancestors Svadha, "Thank you very much. We give you our respect. We give you our appreciation. Through you we have come to this present understanding".

Shree Maa the Guru and the Goddess (Kasyapa Sutra 11) - Published by the Devi Mandir

Om, we meditate on the Eternal Measurement of Consciousness, we contemplate She who illuminates wisdom. May that Shree Maa grant us increase.

Can anyone tell me the relationship between the ancestors and the Guru ? I have heard that the grace of the ancestors is vital and powerful... but I don't know if the Guru's coming into our lives is a representation of the ancestor's grace. Any answers ?Jai Maa !Prasana.maadevi55 <maadevi55 wrote: Thank You Ancestors ....., and at present we are in a very good place. So we want to say to all of our ancestors Svadha, "Thank you very

much. We give you our respect. We give you our appreciation. Through you we have come to this present understanding". Shree Maa the Guru and the Goddess (Kasyapa Sutra 11) - Published by the Devi Mandir Om, we meditate on the Eternal Measurement of Consciousness, we contemplate She who illuminates wisdom. May that Shree Maa grant us increase.

Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Travel.

Namaste Ray,

In attempting to respond to your question, we take birth with debts of karma: debts to the Gods, ancestors and Guru; so I agree that the grace to the ancestors is vital, vital to the path that we choose in life. It is said that a soul chooses the family best suited to its karmic situation and the realization of its "ideal". Grace or krpa is do and get, cause and effect so grace might not be always been seen as such depending on our karmic situation.

In relating the Guru to our ancestry, is ancestry only ? We tend to think on the ancestry of form but many of the books on the life of our Beloved ShreeMaa for instance, tell us how Her Mother was greeted by the sage who recognized that she was carrying a pure soul in Her womb. Also, in a recent publication by the Devi Mandir, one devotee shares an experience on meeting Maa and in the end She told him that She had come for him. What is responsible for events such as these? Is it that the soul recognizes the soul? If yes, what makes this happen, is there some ancestral link apart from the human birth the we know?

My humble belief is that whereas blood ties link us at the human level in our quest for the perfect relationships be it with parents, children, spouses, lovers, friends or co-workers the cry (from unfulfilled desires) of the soul for pure knowledge and lives of Peace and truth is our link to the Guru.

Verse 168 of the Guru Gita says "Blessed is the mother, blessed is the father, blessed is the family and blessed is the lineage. Blessed is the earth oh Goddess, because of he who has devotion to the Guru, which is so difficult of attainment."

The verse is saying to me that pure devotion and humility to the path of the Guru is beneficial not only to those who have reached this point of (or trying to) understanding the cyclic flow of the universe; but to the family of those persons and the extended family as well, like Swamiji's prayer offering each Sunday after the Chandi recitation. He praise and thanks the Goddess, then offers thanks and praise for the family of the Devi Mandir, their families and their families family and Shree Maa, and the temple, etc. thereby blessing all with his pure devotion.

Sorry for being so long winded but I pray that in so doing the message being conveyed is understood. Thanks for this opportunity.

Jai Shiva

, Ray Happy <amritanandamoyi wrote:>> Can anyone tell me the relationship between the ancestors and the Guru ? I have heard that the grace of the ancestors is vital and powerful... but I don't know if the Guru's coming into our lives is a representation of the ancestor's grace. > > Any answers ?> > Jai Maa !> Prasana.> > > > maadevi55 maadevi55 wrote: > Thank You Ancestors> ....., and at present we are in a very good place. So we want to say to all of our ancestors Svadha, "Thank you very much. We give you our respect. We give you our appreciation. Through you we have come to this present understanding".> Shree Maa the Guru and the Goddess (Kasyapa Sutra 11) - Published by the Devi Mandir > Om, we meditate on the Eternal Measurement of Consciousness, we contemplate She who illuminates wisdom. May that Shree Maa grant us increase.> > > > > > > Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Travel.>