IndiaDivine.org

Reviewing our Plans

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste: as the year draws to a close, and a new year begins, I am

reviewing my goals and plans to achieve them. Time passed so quickly,

and events arose which I did not anticipate, thus, I have to review

and determine if my actions this past year brought me closer to my

goals, or, if I need to create new plans in order to maximize my time.

For example, I made a commitment to Maa to memorize some mantras, but

did not. I began, but other tasks seemed more important, and

memorizing is not one of my stong suits, so, I stopped.

Well, Dear Reader, one day Maa asked me to recite those mantras to

Her. I said I could not as I had not memorized them. She was unhappy

with me, and stated that I must perform this task as I had promised.

She asked: " Did God give you a bad mind? "

" No Maa " , I answered. " My mind is good " . " Well " , she said, " then

there is no excuse. Memorize them, and at any time I will ask you to

recite them. so be prepared. "

Now, I had to set aside other tasks to focus on memorizing. As I

practiced using the mantras during puja to Shiva, I realized that

these mantras give Shiva great joy, and I felt a sense of accomplishment.

Well, Maa had a deeper agenda than just sharpening my memory, She knew

I would grow closer to Shiva by memorizing His offerings.

So, time to review and sharpen my plans, because every moment on this

Earth with Maa is priceless. Every moment is another chance to become

closer to Her. And indeed, that is my ultimate goal.

So, what am I waiting for?

Jai Maa Jai Swami

vishweshwar

Vish, Every experience you share with us about Maa or Swamiji is so sweet to read and recollect. Jai Maa ! inspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108 wrote: Namaste: as the year draws to a close, and a new year begins, I amreviewing my goals and plans to achieve them. Time passed so quickly,and events arose which I did not anticipate, thus, I have to reviewand determine if my actions this past year brought me closer to mygoals, or, if

I need to create new plans in order to maximize my time.For example, I made a commitment to Maa to memorize some mantras, butdid not. I began, but other tasks seemed more important, andmemorizing is not one of my stong suits, so, I stopped.Well, Dear Reader, one day Maa asked me to recite those mantras toHer. I said I could not as I had not memorized them. She was unhappywith me, and stated that I must perform this task as I had promised. She asked: "Did God give you a bad mind?""No Maa", I answered. "My mind is good". "Well", she said, "thenthere is no excuse. Memorize them, and at any time I will ask you torecite them. so be prepared."Now, I had to set aside other tasks to focus on memorizing. As Ipracticed using the mantras during puja to Shiva, I realized thatthese mantras give Shiva great joy, and I felt a sense of accomplishment.Well, Maa had a deeper agenda than just sharpening my memory, She knewI would

grow closer to Shiva by memorizing His offerings.So, time to review and sharpen my plans, because every moment on thisEarth with Maa is priceless. Every moment is another chance to becomecloser to Her. And indeed, that is my ultimate goal.So, what am I waiting for?Jai Maa Jai Swamivishweshwar

Thank you Vish, very inspiring post!inspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108 wrote: Namaste: as the year draws to a close, and a new year begins, I amreviewing my goals and plans to achieve them. Time passed so quickly,and events arose which I did not anticipate, thus, I have to reviewand determine if my actions this past year brought me closer to mygoals, or, if I need to create new plans in order to maximize my time.For example, I made a commitment to Maa to memorize some mantras, butdid not. I began, but

other tasks seemed more important, andmemorizing is not one of my stong suits, so, I stopped.Well, Dear Reader, one day Maa asked me to recite those mantras toHer. I said I could not as I had not memorized them. She was unhappywith me, and stated that I must perform this task as I had promised. She asked: "Did God give you a bad mind?""No Maa", I answered. "My mind is good". "Well", she said, "thenthere is no excuse. Memorize them, and at any time I will ask you torecite them. so be prepared."Now, I had to set aside other tasks to focus on memorizing. As Ipracticed using the mantras during puja to Shiva, I realized thatthese mantras give Shiva great joy, and I felt a sense of accomplishment.Well, Maa had a deeper agenda than just sharpening my memory, She knewI would grow closer to Shiva by memorizing His offerings.So, time to review and sharpen my plans, because every moment on thisEarth with Maa is priceless.

Every moment is another chance to becomecloser to Her. And indeed, that is my ultimate goal.So, what am I waiting for?Jai Maa Jai Swamivishweshwar