IndiaDivine.org

Devi and all: Cleaning puja

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well as always Vish you;re ever an inspiration. Looked up puja on wikipedia and here's what it says:Puja- reverence, honour, adoration or worship performed as prayer to diety. With all those beautiful pictures in you office it sounds like puja in deed.Fly Lady members refer to cleaning as House Blessing. What a good way to turn a normal task into seva. After completing a room I like to light a little incence or a scented candle if there's a safe area or spray a little fresh scent into the air. Then just step back and enjoy the view of a task well done. Guess you cld even ring a nice little bell and keep it for just this use.I'm up for doing what ever it takes to create a peaceful room and do it with aantitude of gratitude. That reminds me of Swami when ever he completes a puja he says "Thank you for the honor of performing this....." Thank you Vish,Thank you Swami,Thank you

Maa,inspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108 wrote: Namaste Devi: While I did not perform an actual puja in the office space, I feel that my space is sacred and worthy of mantras and pure intention. I serve my business clients from there and watch Mandir class there, and post on the club from there. The office is decorated with pictures of Maa, Swami, Ramakrishna, Ram and Hanuman, Napashwar, and a murti of Lakshmi on an altar. Pictures of all my family line the walls too. While there are no specific

mantras for cleaning, the Gayatri mantra is typically used when anything "new" is begun. It is also used while preparing food. For me, cleaning is bringing a new space into existence, creating a new beginning. Each moment is a new creation, it is maintained, then dissolved. So, Maa wants us to structure as much balance between those functions as possible. Thus, any mantras which help us bring balance and harmony to ourselves and our environment can be used. Ultimately, Maa's wish is that we chant mantras continuously. She gives us sankalpas in order to help the world, for example the Universal Peace Sankalpa, but also, that we become habituated to chanting mantras all the time. And the highest goal is that the mantras go on by themselves forever. In that state, the internal/eternal Spirit resides in balance and harmony, while the body marches thru its actions, as a vehicle for God's actions on this Earth.

Living in that Divine State, Self realized, automatically we are efficient, organized, and bring balance and harmony to whatever space we enter and occupy. This is Maa's life, and thank goodness we have Her as a pure example. The goal of all existence becomes crystal clear once we have contact with Maa. Jai Maa Jai Swami vishweshwar , devi <student61754 wrote: > > Ok Vish I assume when you say cleaning puja that there is not literally a puja you do but that your cleaning is performed with that attitude but when you talk about mantras that makes me wonder if there are certain ones that would be more conducive to cleaning and decluttering. I usually just work on what ever mantra I am trying to memorize or learn how to better pronounce or the Gayatri or Peace mantra. Are there any

that Maa or Swami would suggest or that you use frequently that you'd like to suggest? > Happy Clearing, > Feels so good to see things all clean and organized doesn't it. > I bet any Ganesh mantra would be helpful with removing obstacles from an area. > After all clutter obstrucks our peace and joy & sets us in a spin when we enter a room. > Thanks Vish > > inspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108 wrote: Namaste: all the great seers say: Cleanliness is next to Godliness. > Well, my office was becoming so sloppy that every time I entered it, I > cringed. So, I have spend the last 6 hours performing a cleaning puja. > Attempting to bring harmony and orderliness to my space. It > brought to mind the numerous times I helped Maa and Swami clean up, > re-organize, and throw out "stuff". They

never let their space become > unruly. Every area they enter, their eyes seek out any disorder, and > immediately, they move to correct the situation. > Being around them one quickly learns the mantra, and its practical > application: "Cleanliness is next to Godliness". They practice what > they preach. > > Jai Maa Jai Swami > > vishweshwar > > > > > > > Jai Maa, > Devi > > > Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage. > Jai Maa,Devi

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.