IndiaDivine.org

Spiritual calendar

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you Gauri and SwamiJi for all the love put into this calendar!Sat. after kirtan I begin to preparing my calendar for the week to come.This has been so helpful.With 7 scraps of paper, recycled from printing, the notes for the week are compiled so that when puja is done they are at hand.At the top of each is listed the tithe information for sankalpas.Then in time order the suggested activities are listed.This paper can then be slipped into the apropriate book for on the go needs.This form of organization has made it much easier to carry on through a busy day and to easily keep up with all these beautiful activities. They are such a joy to experience and just don't want to miss a one.It's also been very helpful to add the Mandir calendar information to the calendar on Sat. evening. There they can be checked off as they're enjoyed.At the end of the day it's great to see all the wonderful

things accomplished.With all the links that are provided on the Mandir calendar there is a never ending supply of learning tools.Thank you again Gauri for posting all this for us.Thank you Swamiji for setting up yet another teaching tool to help us along or journey.May everyone be able to find the time to enjoy this calendar & to put it to good use.gauri_108 <gauri_108 wrote: Namaste everybody! If you haven't checked it out yet, please take a look at this week's spiritual calendar at http://www.shreemaa.org/drupal/node/1397 May Divine Mother bless us all with pure devotion! Jai Maa,Devi

Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Mail. See how.

Namaste

I went to the spiritual calander and read the story of the 16 days of worship and to be totally honest it blew me away and has made me totally confused. How can anyone want to worship people like this. What sort of a man would let his wife curse a person with leprosy just because she lost a dice game?. These are supposed to be gods!? Am I missing something here? And then to make up a 16 day worship to ensure that you get health, wealth, the cessation of disturbances and the fullment of all desires? Tallk about total selfishness and me me me. I thought we were supposed to be moving away from the me and joining into the Divine. Please help me here as I thought that we were supposed to be practicing unconditional love to the Maa. I am confused?

Love Brindavanshakti

gauri_108 <gauri_108 Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 7:18:27 PM[www.ShreeMaa.org] Spiritual calendarNamaste everybody!If you haven't checked it out yet, please take a look at this week'sspiritual calendar at http://www.shreemaa.org/drupal/node/1397May Divine Mother bless us all with pure devotion!Please visit us online at http://www.ShreeMaa.org

dear brindavanshakti,

these are stories meant to teach lessons, but hardly to be taken

literally. We could go into so many examples -- the Chandi and

Mahabarata are blood and guts all over the place, but this is supposed

to be a philosophy of ahimsa (non-violence).

i think we need to look deeper to find meaning rather than get stuck

on the " cover " .

namaste!

, brindavanshakti brindavanshakti

<brindavanshakti wrote:

>

> Namaste

>

> I went to the spiritual calander and read the story of the 16 days

of worship and to be totally honest it blew me away and has made me

totally confused. How can anyone want to worship people like this.

What sort of a man would let his wife curse a person with leprosy

just because she lost a dice game?. These are supposed to be gods!?

Am I missing something here? And then to make up a 16 day worship to

ensure that you get health, wealth, the cessation of disturbances and

the fullment of all desires? Tallk about total selfishness and me me

me. I thought we were supposed to be moving away from the me and

joining into the Divine. Please help me here as I thought that we

were supposed to be practicing unconditional love to the Maa. I am

confused?

>

> Love Brindavanshakti

>

>

>

> gauri_108 <gauri_108

>

> Monday, November 26, 2007 7:18:27 PM

> [www.ShreeMaa.org] Spiritual calendar

>

> Namaste everybody!

>

> If you haven't checked it out yet, please take a look at this week's

> spiritual calendar at http://www.shreemaa.org/drupal/node/1397

>

>

> May Divine Mother bless us all with pure devotion!

>

>

>

> Please visit us online at http://www.ShreeMaa.org

>