Walking the Path 2 December

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Fear and love

"Without fear, love cannot manifest."

Sundar Kand (pg 141) Published by the Devi Mandir

Om sanatani mayavidmahe

Jñana praka´sayai dhimaheTanno ´sri mam pracodayat

But they cannot exist simultaneously either. Can anyone explain ? maadevi55 <maadevi55 wrote: Fear and love "Without fear, love cannot manifest." Sundar Kand (pg 141) Published by the Devi Mandir Om sanatani mayavidmahe Jñana praka´sayai dhimaheTanno ´sri mam pracodayat

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Namaste Ray,

thank you for asking this question; it has given me a lot to think

about (which is why this is such a late reaction). Yesterday I came

across something Zen master Suzuki said and I thought it helpful:

" Ordinary people are always one sided - when they see a negation

(non-being) they fail to see an assertion (being). When they see an

assertion they fail to see a negation. But the expert swordsman sees

both the affirmation and negation at the same time. He sees that a

negation is not just a negation but implies an affirmation. "

we may not see the other side of the coin, but it is still there. It

all depends on which side is turned towards us. I hope this makes any

sense to you, I cannot explain any better. But I believe Shree Maa

wields the sword most expertly, and She cuts right through the

negation to reveal the affirmation,

with love,

Henny

, Ray Happy <amritanandamoyi

wrote:

>

> But they cannot exist simultaneously either. Can anyone explain ?

>

>

>

> maadevi55 <maadevi55 wrote:

> Fear and love

> " Without fear, love cannot manifest. "

> Sundar Kand (pg 141) Published by the Devi Mandir

>

> Om sanatani mayavidmahe

> Jñana praka´sayai dhimahe

> Tanno ´sri mam pracodayat

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile.

Try it now.

>

Who says they cannot exist simultaneously? Miriam Williamson? Nealson Mandala? Fear and love can`t share the same place seems most contradictory. Certainly they can and they do all the time.It is like Henny`s Suzuki quote, rather it is the same coin, fear and love are flip sides, it is the anode and the cathode, and the charge differentials make the shakthi electron flow possible. Or maybe? Maybe not?Ray Happy <amritanandamoyi wrote: But they cannot exist simultaneously either. Can anyone explain ? maadevi55 <maadevi55 > wrote: Fear and love "Without fear, love cannot manifest." Sundar Kand (pg 141) Published by the Devi Mandir Om sanatani mayavidmahe Jñana praka´sayai dhimaheTanno ´sri mam pracodayat Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Dear Ray and Henny,

Not sure if there is an coorelation but in seeing this question and response, I am reminded of Kasyapa Sutra 6 which says "Purity and Impurity sleep together in the same house. When they embrace, you get the darsana of Kali. There is no ahamkara to say this is impurity and this is purity."

Jai Maa Jai Swami

, "henny_v_i" <henny_v_i wrote:>> Namaste Ray,> > thank you for asking this question; it has given me a lot to think > about (which is why this is such a late reaction). Yesterday I came > across something Zen master Suzuki said and I thought it helpful:> > "Ordinary people are always one sided - when they see a negation > (non-being) they fail to see an assertion (being). When they see an > assertion they fail to see a negation. But the expert swordsman sees > both the affirmation and negation at the same time. He sees that a > negation is not just a negation but implies an affirmation."> > we may not see the other side of the coin, but it is still there. It > all depends on which side is turned towards us. I hope this makes any > sense to you, I cannot explain any better. But I believe Shree Maa > wields the sword most expertly, and She cuts right through the > negation to reveal the affirmation,> > with love,> Henny> > > , Ray Happy amritanandamoyi@ > wrote:> >> > But they cannot exist simultaneously either. Can anyone explain ?> > > > > > > > maadevi55 maadevi55@ wrote:> > Fear and love > > "Without fear, love cannot manifest."> > Sundar Kand (pg 141) Published by the Devi Mandir> > > > Om sanatani mayavidmahe> > Jñana praka´sayai dhimahe> > Tanno ´sri mam pracodayat > > > > > > > > > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. > Try it now.> >>

Jai Maa ! Thank you for the explanation. Eric Cassils <Quanchula1 wrote: Who says they cannot exist simultaneously? Miriam Williamson? Nealson Mandala? Fear and love can`t share the same place seems most contradictory. Certainly they can and they do all the time.It is like Henny`s Suzuki quote, rather it is the same coin, fear and love are flip sides, it is the anode and the cathode, and the charge differentials make the shakthi electron flow possible. Or maybe? Maybe not?Ray Happy

<amritanandamoyi > wrote: But they cannot exist simultaneously either. Can anyone explain ? maadevi55 <maadevi55 > wrote: Fear and love "Without fear, love cannot manifest." Sundar Kand (pg 141) Published by the Devi Mandir Om sanatani mayavidmahe Jñana praka´sayai dhimaheTanno ´sri mam pracodayat Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Jai Maa... Thanks Hennu and Kaliananda. I like the verse "There is no ahamkara to classify"... they are from the same source. kaliananda_saraswati <kaliananda_saraswati wrote: Dear Ray and Henny, Not sure if there is an coorelation but in

seeing this question and response, I am reminded of Kasyapa Sutra 6 which says "Purity and Impurity sleep together in the same house. When they embrace, you get the darsana of Kali. There is no ahamkara to say this is impurity and this is purity." Jai Maa Jai Swami , "henny_v_i" <henny_v_i wrote:>> Namaste Ray,> > thank you for asking this question; it has given me a lot to think > about (which is why this is such a late reaction). Yesterday I came > across something Zen master Suzuki said and I thought it helpful:> > "Ordinary people are always one sided - when they see a negation > (non-being) they fail to see an assertion

(being). When they see an > assertion they fail to see a negation. But the expert swordsman sees > both the affirmation and negation at the same time. He sees that a > negation is not just a negation but implies an affirmation."> > we may not see the other side of the coin, but it is still there. It > all depends on which side is turned towards us. I hope this makes any > sense to you, I cannot explain any better. But I believe Shree Maa > wields the sword most expertly, and She cuts right through the > negation to reveal the affirmation,> > with love,> Henny> > > , Ray Happy amritanandamoyi@ > wrote:> >> > But they cannot exist simultaneously either. Can anyone explain ?> > > > > > > > maadevi55 maadevi55@ wrote:> > Fear and love > >

"Without fear, love cannot manifest."> > Sundar Kand (pg 141) Published by the Devi Mandir> > > > Om sanatani mayavidmahe> > Jñana praka´sayai dhimahe> > Tanno ´sri mam pracodayat > > > > > > > > > > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. > Try it now.> >>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Dear Kalia,

seems to me to be very relevant! And now I am reminded of the mantra

in the puja that says: 'The Impure and the Pure reside within all

objects. Who remembers the lotus-eyed Consciousness is conveyed to

radiant beauty. " Ah, together we come a long way:)

with love,

Henny

, " kaliananda_saraswati "

<kaliananda_saraswati wrote:

>

>

> Dear Ray and Henny,

>

> Not sure if there is an coorelation but in seeing this question and

> response, I am reminded of Kasyapa Sutra 6 which says " Purity and

> Impurity sleep together in the same house. When they embrace, you

get

> the darsana of Kali. There is no ahamkara to say this is impurity

and

> this is purity. "

>

> Jai Maa Jai Swami

>

>

> , " henny_v_i " <henny_v_i@> wrote:

> >

> > Namaste Ray,

> >

> > thank you for asking this question; it has given me a lot to think

> > about (which is why this is such a late reaction). Yesterday I

came

> > across something Zen master Suzuki said and I thought it helpful:

> >

> > " Ordinary people are always one sided - when they see a negation

> > (non-being) they fail to see an assertion (being). When they see

an

> > assertion they fail to see a negation. But the expert swordsman

sees

> > both the affirmation and negation at the same time. He sees that a

> > negation is not just a negation but implies an affirmation. "

> >

> > we may not see the other side of the coin, but it is still there.

It

> > all depends on which side is turned towards us. I hope this makes

any

> > sense to you, I cannot explain any better. But I believe Shree Maa

> > wields the sword most expertly, and She cuts right through the

> > negation to reveal the affirmation,

> >

> > with love,

> > Henny

> >

> >

> > , Ray Happy amritanandamoyi@