bad deeds) which determines our future life . Simply put we can

reduce effect of prarabdha karma(if it is painful) and accumulate

good sanchita karma by way of doing good things.In kaliyuga The only

way of renunciation is by chanting Guru/God's name and remembering

God. So i would recomment starting to read lalitha sahasranama/vishnu

sahasranama/lalitha trisati/100 or 108 names of any of your favourite

deity to accumulate good karma and reduce bad karma. Mantra wise,

There is no greater mantra than gayatri so you can start chanting

gayatri mantra(min :108 max: to your capacity).

One more thing: when u chant mantra/names do it with devotion and

concentration to get its full benefits . reading with mind wandering

off or for sake of doing it will not give full effect as it would

with concentration.

JAI MAA

Amrish

, " Nik " <ntngpt wrote:

>

> Jai Ma Durge,

>

> Dear all,

>

> Is there a assured method /mantras through which one can remove the

> sins committed by him during his present / previous life(s).I think

> that as this is the root of all problems, it is more appropriate to

> try to remove the sins committed rather than demanding the things

> which our fate otherwise does not permit (Of course due to our own

> Karmas). The various worships of various Devas/deities are although

> targeted towards at most granting the purity of mind so that we do

> not commit mistakes from now on, however what ( sin) is already

> committed still remains in our accounts and will surely show its

> effect at its decided stage.

>

> Regards

> Nitin Gupta

>

Jai Durge, Thanks for the valuable inputs and the precious text !. Well, I too believe and want to believe that the prescribed way / path is one of such method.

However, there are such many ways mentioned in the scriptures which are said to be for the same purpose. Many scriptures and methodologies / mythologies too indicate at many places that mere utterance of the holy names such as Ganga, Ram, Jagdamba , Shiva, etc even by chance destroys the sins ( here “by chance” means inclusion or exclusion of component of devotion) . Listening to Srimad Bhagvat, Ramayan etc are also such scriptures which includes such indications (recitation even by chance). So, my confusion is that if I believe that what is written in these scriptures is TRUE, then why many such Billion of people in the World who chant these names does not gain salvation or end of sufferings. Because as per logic, there sins should be destroyed. There are frequent organization of such ceremonies where thousands of people participate and lakhs of people watch through televisions. So which part of scriptures is True ? Or if it is not true than what

is the Truth. Regards Nitin GuptaPranjal Johry <pranjal_johry wrote: Nitin GuptaThere are various methods prescribed in the scriptures to atone for various kinds of sins commited in past & present lives (knowingly or unknowingly). But all these methods of atonement like sitting in hot sun surrounded by fire or standing submerged in water to the neck in ice cold winters etc.are like bathing of an elephant. The elephant first takes bath in the river- gets cleaned and when it comes out it pours over himself the dust on the ground. Thus all these methods of atonement are simply a waste of time as they do not kill the desire in heart in heart to commit sins. However one who has surrendered to Hari and chants his holy names ( even

unknowingly) is relieved of all kind of sins (even of killing a cow or vaishnava). So I advice you to chant the Mahamantra HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE/ HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE. You must also abide by the rule of No Meat Eating, No Intoxication, No Gambling and No Illicit Sex otherwise the mantra will lose its efficacy. You should chant the mantra in humble state of mind thinking yourself lower than a straw in street and more tolerant than a tree otherwise pure love of Krishna will not frutify in your heart. I'm also sending you a small book called A SECOND CHANCE. This book describes the power of the Holy Name. This is a true story from the greatest scripture on earth THE SRIMAD BHAGVATAM.HARE HRISHNAPranjal Johry ----- Original

Message ----Nik <ntngpt Sent: Monday, December 17, 2007 12:01:12 PM[www.ShreeMaa.org] Method to remove sins Jai Ma Durge,Dear all,Is there a assured method /mantras through which one can remove the sins committed by him during his present / previous life(s).I think that as this is the root of all problems, it is more appropriate to try to remove the sins committed rather than demanding the things which our fate otherwise does not permit (Of course due to our own Karmas). The various worships of various Devas/deities are

although targeted towards at most granting the purity of mind so that we do not commit mistakes from now on, however what ( sin) is already committed still remains in our accounts and will surely show its effect at its decided stage. RegardsNitin Gupta Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

them fast with Search.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Dear Nitin,

I too had the same question during my sadhana days. It was

nicely answered by Sri Ramakrishna in the Gospel. He said that " A

blind man thought that he was blind because of his sins and that he

can atone his sins by taking a bath in Ganga as written in the

scriptures. When he took a dip in the holy ganges, Thakur said that

his sins were taken off from but were resting on a tree on the bank

of the river. As soon as he came up from the water, the sins fell

back on him from the tree " . In the same way, scriptures always say

the right thing. The problem is that we don't do it with

conviction. We feel that we're reciting the names of Gods with

faith and conviction. Do we have the same faith as Lord Hanuman who

crossed the ocean with the name of Lord Rama on his lips? Does our

faith remain unshaken as Sri Ramakrishna even when our body is

diseased? I feel that I am no where closer to these examples. Then

I thought I should work on improving my faith in mother's name

rather than question the scriptures.

Pranams,

Prasad

, Nitin Gupta <ntngpt wrote:

>

> Jai Durge,

>

> Thanks for the valuable inputs and the precious text !.

>

> Well, I too believe and want to believe that the prescribed

way / path is one of such method. However, there are such many ways

mentioned in the scriptures which are said to be for the same

purpose. Many scriptures and methodologies / mythologies too

indicate at many places that mere utterance of the holy names such

as Ganga, Ram, Jagdamba , Shiva, etc even by chance destroys the

sins ( here " by chance " means inclusion or exclusion of component of

devotion) . Listening to Srimad Bhagvat, Ramayan etc are also such

scriptures which includes such indications (recitation even by

chance). So, my confusion is that if I believe that what is written

in these scriptures is TRUE, then why many such Billion of people in

the World who chant these names does not gain salvation or end of

sufferings. Because as per logic, there sins should be destroyed.

There are frequent organization of such ceremonies where thousands

of people participate and lakhs of people watch through televisions.

> So which part of scriptures is True ? Or if it is not true than

what is the Truth.

>

> Regards

>

> Nitin Gupta

>

>

>

> Pranjal Johry <pranjal_johry wrote: Nitin Gupta

> There are various methods prescribed in the scriptures to atone

for various kinds of sins commited in past & present lives

(knowingly or unknowingly). But all these methods of atonement like

sitting in hot sun surrounded by fire or standing submerged in water

to the neck in ice cold winters etc.are like bathing of an elephant.

The elephant first takes bath in the river- gets cleaned and when it

comes out it pours over himself the dust on the ground. Thus all

these methods of atonement are simply a waste of time as they do not

kill the desire in heart in heart to commit sins.

> However one who has surrendered to Hari and chants his holy names

( even unknowingly) is relieved of all kind of sins (even of killing

a cow or vaishnava). So I advice you to chant the Mahamantra HARE

KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE/ HARE RAMA HARE RAMA

RAMA RAMA HARE HARE.

> You must also abide by the rule of No Meat Eating, No

Intoxication, No Gambling and No Illicit Sex otherwise the mantra

will lose its efficacy. You should chant the mantra in humble state

of mind thinking yourself lower than a straw in street and more

tolerant than a tree otherwise pure love of Krishna will not frutify

in your heart.

> I'm also sending you a small book called A SECOND CHANCE. This

book describes the power of the Holy Name. This is a true story from

the greatest scripture on earth THE SRIMAD BHAGVATAM.

> HARE HRISHNA

> Pranjal Johry

>

>

>

>

> Nik <ntngpt

>

> Monday, December 17, 2007 12:01:12 PM

> [www.ShreeMaa.org] Method to remove sins

>

> Jai Ma Durge,

>

> Dear all,

>

> Is there a assured method /mantras through which one can remove

the

> sins committed by him during his present / previous life(s).I

think

> that as this is the root of all problems, it is more appropriate

to

> try to remove the sins committed rather than demanding the things

> which our fate otherwise does not permit (Of course due to our own

> Karmas). The various worships of various Devas/deities are

although

> targeted towards at most granting the purity of mind so that we do

> not commit mistakes from now on, however what ( sin) is already

> committed still remains in our accounts and will surely show its

> effect at its decided stage.

>

> Regards

> Nitin Gupta

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

>

>

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Search.

>

Dear friends,

I think that God is a Mother...there is no sin She cannot forgive...

We need just to be Her children.Nothing else

Dionisis

From: pratapaprasadDate: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 15:06:03 +0000[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: Method to remove sins

Dear Nitin,I too had the same question during my sadhana days. It was nicely answered by Sri Ramakrishna in the Gospel. He said that "A blind man thought that he was blind because of his sins and that he can atone his sins by taking a bath in Ganga as written in the scriptures. When he took a dip in the holy ganges, Thakur said that his sins were taken off from but were resting on a tree on the bank of the river. As soon as he came up from the water, the sins fell back on him from the tree". In the same way, scriptures always say the right thing. The problem is that we don't do it with conviction. We feel that we're reciting the names of Gods with faith and conviction. Do we have the same faith as Lord Hanuman who crossed the ocean with the name of Lord Rama on his lips? Does our faith remain unshaken as Sri Ramakrishna even when our body is diseased? I feel that I am no where closer to these examples. Then I thought I should work on improving my faith in mother's name rather than question the scriptures.Pranams,Prasad , Nitin Gupta <ntngpt wrote:>> Jai Durge,> > Thanks for the valuable inputs and the precious text !. > > Well, I too believe and want to believe that the prescribed way / path is one of such method. However, there are such many ways mentioned in the scriptures which are said to be for the same purpose. Many scriptures and methodologies / mythologies too indicate at many places that mere utterance of the holy names such as Ganga, Ram, Jagdamba , Shiva, etc even by chance destroys the sins ( here "by chance" means inclusion or exclusion of component of devotion) . Listening to Srimad Bhagvat, Ramayan etc are also such scriptures which includes such indications (recitation even by chance). So, my confusion is that if I believe that what is written in these scriptures is TRUE, then why many such Billion of people in the World who chant these names does not gain salvation or end of sufferings. Because as per logic, there sins should be destroyed. There are frequent organization of such ceremonies where thousands of people participate and lakhs of people watch through televisions.> So which part of scriptures is True ? Or if it is not true than what is the Truth. > > Regards> > Nitin Gupta> > > > Pranjal Johry <pranjal_johry wrote: Nitin Gupta> There are various methods prescribed in the scriptures to atone for various kinds of sins commited in past & present lives (knowingly or unknowingly). But all these methods of atonement like sitting in hot sun surrounded by fire or standing submerged in water to the neck in ice cold winters etc.are like bathing of an elephant. The elephant first takes bath in the river- gets cleaned and when it comes out it pours over himself the dust on the ground. Thus all these methods of atonement are simply a waste of time as they do not kill the desire in heart in heart to commit sins. > However one who has surrendered to Hari and chants his holy names ( even unknowingly) is relieved of all kind of sins (even of killing a cow or vaishnava). So I advice you to chant the Mahamantra HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE/ HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE. > You must also abide by the rule of No Meat Eating, No Intoxication, No Gambling and No Illicit Sex otherwise the mantra will lose its efficacy. You should chant the mantra in humble state of mind thinking yourself lower than a straw in street and more tolerant than a tree otherwise pure love of Krishna will not frutify in your heart. > I'm also sending you a small book called A SECOND CHANCE. This book describes the power of the Holy Name. This is a true story from the greatest scripture on earth THE SRIMAD BHAGVATAM.> HARE HRISHNA> Pranjal Johry> > > > > Nik <ntngpt> > Monday, December 17, 2007 12:01:12 PM> [www.ShreeMaa.org] Method to remove sins> > Jai Ma Durge,> > Dear all,> > Is there a assured method /mantras through which one can remove the > sins committed by him during his present / previous life(s).I think > that as this is the root of all problems, it is more appropriate to > try to remove the sins committed rather than demanding the things > which our fate otherwise does not permit (Of course due to our own > Karmas). The various worships of various Devas/deities are although > targeted towards at most granting the purity of mind so that we do > not commit mistakes from now on, however what ( sin) is already > committed still remains in our accounts and will surely show its > effect at its decided stage. > > Regards> Nitin Gupta> > > > > > > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.> > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.> Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger

Jai Ma Durge, I do not intend to question the scripture but the contents, examples and the advices provided. If I read it and interpret it, say for eg the ajamil’s story where just by reciting his child’s name ( narayan) without intention of remembering God, he was considered as devotee of Vishnu. So, where is the devotion ? and why he was considered devotee even when he spent his whole life in wrong ways including cheating others. Here, it seems to contradict the law of “ what you do to others, you will have to

face the same”. If just by reciting the name without intention of remembering God by Heart, one start getting benefit of being considered devotee then where is the result of harming others simultaneously? If I keep harming others and keep chanting 108 times ( Narayan) at the end of day, It should vanish all my sins and give me “Baikunth”. Then what is the difference between the pios devotion of Sri Hanuman towards Sri Ram and me or Ajamil. Nevertheless, I firmly believe in the concept of “devotion” and bhakti by pure heart But I do not believe in the concept of “bhakti by

chance/ recitation of name” without any intention of Bhakti and goodness to others.. I do not have any contradictions to existence or laws of Supreme Power: Krishna or Devi Jagdamba. Scriptures also express the necessity of devotion but at the same time it also mentions the benefit of “bhakti by chance” which raises doubts and concerns to adopt it and believe it 100% Regards Nitinpratapaprasad <pratapaprasad wrote: Dear Nitin,I too had the same question during my sadhana days. It was nicely answered by Sri Ramakrishna in the Gospel. He said that "A blind man thought that he was blind because of his sins and that he can atone his sins by taking a bath in Ganga as written in the scriptures. When he took a dip in the holy ganges, Thakur said that his sins were taken off from but were resting on a tree on the bank of the river. As soon as he came up from

the water, the sins fell back on him from the tree". In the same way, scriptures always say the right thing. The problem is that we don't do it with conviction. We feel that we're reciting the names of Gods with faith and conviction. Do we have the same faith as Lord Hanuman who crossed the ocean with the name of Lord Rama on his lips? Does our faith remain unshaken as Sri Ramakrishna even when our body is diseased? I feel that I am no where closer to these examples. Then I thought I should work on improving my faith in mother's name rather than question the scriptures.Pranams,Prasad , Nitin Gupta <ntngpt wrote:>> Jai Durge,> > Thanks for the valuable inputs and the precious text !. > > Well, I too believe and want to believe that the prescribed way / path is one of such

method. However, there are such many ways mentioned in the scriptures which are said to be for the same purpose. Many scriptures and methodologies / mythologies too indicate at many places that mere utterance of the holy names such as Ganga, Ram, Jagdamba , Shiva, etc even by chance destroys the sins ( here "by chance" means inclusion or exclusion of component of devotion) . Listening to Srimad Bhagvat, Ramayan etc are also such scriptures which includes such indications (recitation even by chance). So, my confusion is that if I believe that what is written in these scriptures is TRUE, then why many such Billion of people in the World who chant these names does not gain salvation or end of sufferings. Because as per logic, there sins should be destroyed. There are frequent organization of such ceremonies where thousands of people participate and lakhs of people watch through televisions.> So which part of

scriptures is True ? Or if it is not true than what is the Truth. > > Regards> > Nitin Gupta> > > > Pranjal Johry <pranjal_johry wrote: Nitin Gupta> There are various methods prescribed in the scriptures to atone for various kinds of sins commited in past & present lives (knowingly or unknowingly). But all these methods of atonement like sitting in hot sun surrounded by fire or standing submerged in water to the neck in ice cold winters etc.are like bathing of an elephant. The elephant first takes bath in the river- gets cleaned and when it comes out it pours over himself the dust on the ground. Thus all these methods of atonement are simply a waste of time as they do not kill the desire in heart in heart to commit sins. > However one who has surrendered to Hari and chants his holy names ( even unknowingly) is relieved of all kind of sins

(even of killing a cow or vaishnava). So I advice you to chant the Mahamantra HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE/ HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE. > You must also abide by the rule of No Meat Eating, No Intoxication, No Gambling and No Illicit Sex otherwise the mantra will lose its efficacy. You should chant the mantra in humble state of mind thinking yourself lower than a straw in street and more tolerant than a tree otherwise pure love of Krishna will not frutify in your heart. > I'm also sending you a small book called A SECOND CHANCE. This book describes the power of the Holy Name. This is a true story from the greatest scripture on earth THE SRIMAD BHAGVATAM.> HARE HRISHNA> Pranjal Johry> > > > > Nik <ntngpt> > Monday, December 17, 2007 12:01:12 PM> [www.ShreeMaa.org] Method to remove sins> > Jai Ma Durge,> > Dear all,> > Is there a assured method /mantras through which one can remove the > sins committed by him during his present / previous life(s).I think > that as this is the root of all problems, it is more appropriate to > try to remove the sins committed rather than demanding the things > which our fate otherwise does not permit (Of course due to our own > Karmas). The various worships of various Devas/deities are although > targeted towards at most granting the purity of mind so that we do > not commit mistakes from now on, however what ( sin) is already > committed still remains in our accounts and will surely show its > effect at its

decided stage. > > Regards> Nitin Gupta> > > > > > > > > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.> > > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.