IndiaDivine.org

Vish, Devi: One minute wisdom

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Vish/Devi,

I had asked Swamiji recently this question "If we are completely surrendered to God , then does that mean we dont have to worry about our actions . ie does that mean that God is acting thro us and so we are not responsible for any of our actions"

It is to that question that Swamiji had responded that when we completely surrender , WE are even more conscious of all our actions. We act in a way befitting of a child of God. We work towards harmony, and with the utmost efficiency in every thing that we do.

The story below was funny because it showed a person putting the result of his own wrong actions as "God's will".

Atleast that is how I interpret the story and it tickled me ;)

Jai MAANanda

, devi <student61754 wrote:>> Maybe when we surrender to God we quite making excusses?> > inspectionconnection108 inspectionconnection108 wrote: Dear Nanda: I do not understand the quote from Swami. Perhaps he> meant that when we surrender to God, He takes full responsibility,> instead of "we"?> Please enlighten me. > > Jai Ma Jai Swami> > vishweshwar> > , "Nanda" chandimaakijai@ wrote:> >> > Dear All,> > > > I read this on the web and this reminded of something that Swamiji has> > hammered into my head (and I paraphrase) "When we completely surrender> > to God, we take full responsibility for our life and actions"> > > > Anyway this is a fun story with an interesting point. Hope you enjoy it.> > Acknowledgement and thanks to Anthony De Mello "One minute wisdom"> > > > Jai Maa> > Nanda> > ========================================> > To the disciples' delight the Master said he wanted a new shirt for his> > birthday. The finest cloth was bought. The village tailor came in to> > have the Master measured, and promised, by the will of God, to make the> > shirt within a week.> > > > A week went by and a disciple was dispatched to the tailor while the> > Master excitedly waited for his shirt. Said the tailor, "There has been> > a slight delay. But, by the will of God, it will be ready by tomorrow."> > > > Next day the tailor said, "I'm sorry it isn't done. Try again tomorrow> > and, if God so wills, it will certainly be ready."> > > > The following day the Master said, "Ask him how long it will take if he> > keeps God out of it."> > > > ======================================> >> > > > > > > Jai Maa,> Devi> > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.>