IndiaDivine.org

Searching for more Tara Ma Puja clarifications

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would like to modify the Beginner Durga Puja to pray to Tara Devi.

Can you please tell me this time what the Dhyanam Mantra and Bija mantra are for Tara Ma?

Thank you

Jai Maa!

Terra

, "Terra" <terra.maynard wrote:

Namaste!I am new to the group and feel a little shy about asking my questions, but here goes nothing!On the Devi Mandir website I was reading through the FAQ's and cameacross this question and answer:

Short Puja to DeityCan you recommend a short Kali Puja when we can't do the whole Kali Puja book?You can easily adapt the Beginner's Durga Puja to Kali by substitutingKali's Mantra for Durga's, and changing the Dhyanams. Each deity has five personal ingredients that are their own:o A Gayatri mantra o A Dhyanamo A Bija mantra o A Stotram and o A PranamIf you know these five, you can make any puja

With this in mind, can anyone tell me the five personal ingredients for Tara Ma?I would like to tailor the beginners Durga Puja to Tara Devi the way this question talked about tailoring the puja to Kali.

Here are the things I know for Tara at this point:Dhyanam mantra: Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha (Some of told me this mantra is only for the Tibetan Buddhist Tara though...???)

Bija mantra: Treem (Again, I've been told that this is only for the Tibetan Buddhist Tara and isn't the Hindu Tara's bija mantra...???)

The things that I don't know:Gayatri mantra: When I look this up on the internet I find information that says this is one mantra in particular so I'm confused about how there can be a personal Gayatri mantra for each deity?

Stotram: From my research I think this refers to praises/hymns or prayers. Try as I might I can't quite find this relating to Tara. Iknow of the 21 Praises of Tara from Tibetan Buddhism. I also keepcoming across references to the Nile Tantra, the Devi-Stotra and evenfound a Tara Sara Upanishad, but don't know if these are what would bethe personal stotram for Tara.

Pranam: I keep finding this word associated with Namaste. This makes methink that perhaps Pranam is some form of gesture of respect? I am thenunsure of what the specific pranam would be for Tara.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!Also am curious if there is a puja for the Ten Mahavidyas as a whole?

Thanks again for any help!Blessings,Terra