IndiaDivine.org

Religious Conflict

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello All, I have been a fan of Devi Mandir for awhile. I have also made a

few small donations over the last few years and have corresponded with the

Swami a few times.

I have a religious conundrum however. I am Buddhist, of the Tibetan school.

I have taken such as vows. I also do such as practices. But I still am in

love with Devi and I still feel the great desire to practice on the

Mahashodashi, which was given to me by Swami Amritananda of Devipuram.

So I feel conflict between the non-God tradition of Buddhism which I do

love, and with the Goddess traditions, especially of Lalita, which I also

love.

In Tibetan Buddhism we have deities as well. Kurukulle is very much similar

to Lalita, and this helps to confuse the issue because my intellect finds it

hard to see any real differences in the two deities.

Does anyone find it to be wrong to have a foot in both camps, or do I have

to decide to fully just go the Buddhist way? I am not able to stop being

Buddhist because such would be considered a defeat of vows, in which case

much of what I have based my life on would become meaningless.

Thank you for considering this. Peace.

-Kirk

Guest guest

For you let it just be Kirkism. In reality there is no Hinduism or Buddhism. These are man made concepts. There is only one True Reality, so whatever takes you there, is good. As long as it works for you, that is all that matters.

Its all God/Goddess and its all Good!

JAI AMMA!

Surya

-

Kirk

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 11:29 AM

[www.ShreeMaa.org] Religious Conflict

Hello All, I have been a fan of Devi Mandir for awhile. I have also made a few small donations over the last few years and have corresponded with the Swami a few times.I have a religious conundrum however. I am Buddhist, of the Tibetan school. I have taken such as vows. I also do such as practices. But I still am in love with Devi and I still feel the great desire to practice on the Mahashodashi, which was given to me by Swami Amritananda of Devipuram.So I feel conflict between the non-God tradition of Buddhism which I do love, and with the Goddess traditions, especially of Lalita, which I also love.In Tibetan Buddhism we have deities as well. Kurukulle is very much similar to Lalita, and this helps to confuse the issue because my intellect finds it hard to see any real differences in the two deities.Does anyone find it to be wrong to have a foot in both camps, or do I have to decide to fully just go the Buddhist way? I am not able to stop being Buddhist because such would be considered a defeat of vows, in which case much of what I have based my life on would become meaningless.Thank you for considering this. Peace.-Kirk

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.2/1304 - Release 2/29/2008 8:18 AM

Guest guest

Old friends in new places.

-

Mahamuni Das

Tuesday, March 04, 2008 3:18 PM

Re: [www.ShreeMaa.org] Religious Conflict

For you let it just be Kirkism. In reality there is no Hinduism or Buddhism. These are man made concepts. There is only one True Reality, so whatever takes you there, is good. As long as it works for you, that is all that matters.

JAI AMMA!

Surya

-

Kirk

Hello All, I have been a fan of Devi Mandir for awhile. I have also made a few small donations over the last few years and have corresponded with the Swami a few times.I have a religious conundrum however. I am Buddhist, of the Tibetan school. I have taken such as vows. I also do such as practices. But I still am in love with Devi and I still feel the great desire to practice on the Mahashodashi, which was given to me by Swami Amritananda of Devipuram.So I feel conflict between the non-God tradition of Buddhism which I do love, and with the Goddess traditions, especially of Lalita, which I also love.In Tibetan Buddhism we have deities as well. Kurukulle is very much similar to Lalita, and this helps to confuse the issue because my intellect finds it hard to see any real differences in the two deities.Does anyone find it to be wrong to have a foot in both camps, or do I have to decide to fully just go the Buddhist way? I am not able to stop being Buddhist because such would be considered a defeat of vows, in which case much of what I have based my life on would become meaningless.Thank you for considering this. Peace.-Kirk

Guest guest

I was about to say the same. There are names for religions and some religions have creeds/doctrines but there is a big difference between being religious or being spiritual. Kirk you are being spiritual. Spiritual comes from within, your soul. If this works for you that is your path. Our life has many paths and journeys and we evolve daily in our lives. Peace, Carie

On 3/4/08, Mahamuni Das <mahamuni wrote:

JAI AMMA!

Surya

-

Kirk

Hello All, I have been a fan of Devi Mandir for awhile. I have also made a few small donations over the last few years and have corresponded with the Swami a few times.I have a religious conundrum however. I am Buddhist, of the Tibetan school.

I have taken such as vows. I also do such as practices. But I still am in love with Devi and I still feel the great desire to practice on the Mahashodashi, which was given to me by Swami Amritananda of Devipuram.

So I feel conflict between the non-God tradition of Buddhism which I do love, and with the Goddess traditions, especially of Lalita, which I also love.In Tibetan Buddhism we have deities as well. Kurukulle is very much similar

to Lalita, and this helps to confuse the issue because my intellect finds it hard to see any real differences in the two deities.Does anyone find it to be wrong to have a foot in both camps, or do I have to decide to fully just go the Buddhist way? I am not able to stop being

Buddhist because such would be considered a defeat of vows, in which case much of what I have based my life on would become meaningless.Thank you for considering this. Peace.-Kirk

-- " You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your soul. " ~Swami Vivekananda

myspace.com/taraerin58