IndiaDivine.org

one questoin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

nameste everybody i had one question ton askwhy does Siva always have a snake wraped around him?and what does the snake resemble?i also wanted to know how everybody was doing.bless all and all be blessedangel

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Guest guest

Jai Maa !I've heard that the snake shows us that Lord Shiva is so compassionate that any being is welcome to be with him - including snakes. In most cases the snake is a cobra - a very deadly snake, but the cobra is still welcome to abide with Lord Shiva. Also, the snake represents spiritual attainment in the east. Sometimes Kundalini Shakti is represented by a snake. I have heard the story also, that a giant cobra shielded the Buddha from a rain storm once when he was meditating, by spreading out it's hood and hovering over the Buddha until the rain passed. Whenever we see a snake we can be reminded of the Lord of infinite goodness, Lord Shiva, and his great compassion for the world. (just don't get too close to the snake ! )Jai Shiva !Harley Davis <harleyangel23 wrote: nameste everybody i had one question ton askwhy does Siva always have a snake wraped around him?and what does the snake resemble?i also wanted to know how everybody was doing.bless all and all be blessedangel Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Guest guest

thankyou very much for asering qestoin angelNirmalananda Saraswati <nirmalananda1008 wrote: Jai Maa !I've heard that the snake shows us that Lord Shiva is so compassionate that any being is welcome to be with him - including snakes. In most cases the snake is a cobra - a very deadly snake, but the cobra is still welcome to abide with Lord Shiva. Also, the snake represents spiritual attainment in the east. Sometimes Kundalini Shakti is represented by a snake. I have

heard the story also, that a giant cobra shielded the Buddha from a rain storm once when he was meditating, by spreading out it's hood and hovering over the Buddha until the rain passed. Whenever we see a snake we can be reminded of the Lord of infinite goodness, Lord Shiva, and his great compassion for the world. (just don't get too close to the snake ! )Jai Shiva !Harley Davis <harleyangel23 > wrote: nameste everybody i had one question ton askwhy does Siva always have a snake wraped around him?and what does the snake resemble?i also wanted to know how everybody was doing.bless all and all be blessedangel Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

No Cost - Get a month of Blockbuster Total Access now. Sweet deal for users and friends.

Guest guest

Hi Angel,

Trying not to become too technical (a near impossibility for me :) ),

I wanted to go a little deeper than Nirmalananda did about a couple of

things, since I'm thinking you're very new to all of this.

Nirmalananda mentioned the cobra as kundalini. This is, to me, the

most significant aspect of the snake. Sometimes you will see Shiva

represented as also sitting atop a coiled cobra in his meditative

posture. Kundalini is Divine Mother manifesting in the individual's

body. Divine Mother resides within each of us, in all of Her power,

though She is mostly asleep.

Shiva represents pure consciousness, which is the male aspect of

creation. Consciousness can do nothing, cannot act, without the female

principle, Divine Mother, also referred to as shakti in a more general

sense. The term shakti can also be thought of as energy or power. So,

in this universe which is characterized by duality (hot-cold,

soft-hard, flat-round, one could go on forever..) the All-Encompassing

Divine can be seen as also existing as a duality.

Shiva (indeed, all the divine forms) can thus be understood as being

Supreme Divinity, beyond even name and form, and also as one half of a

duality, expressing His nature within the material universe. Without

his consort, without his Shakti, his Divine Mother, He can do nothing

and the universe remains unmanifested. When He is joined by His Shakti

the universe comes into being and continues by their grace.

So, when one sees Shiva, He is always accompanied by His Shakti (the

cobra).

Another way of understanding the cobra is to see it as an image of

death. Shiva is unafraid because He (as the Lord of Yoga) has

conquered death.

The murtis (physical images) of the Gods and Goddesses are really

quite wonderful symbols (in addition to being repositories of divine

energy). They bring to mind truths about the universe we find

ourselves in, as well as beckoning us, as it were, toward what we can

achieve for ourselves. For each one represents aspects of our ultimate

destiny.

I hope I didn't get too technical for you. ;)

Jai Maa!

Chris

, Harley Davis <harleyangel23

wrote:

>

> nameste everybody

> i had one question ton ask

> why does Siva always have a snake wraped around him?

> and what does the snake resemble?

> i also wanted to know how everybody was doing.bless all and all be

blessed

>

>

> angel

>

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

>

Guest guest

Thank you Chris ! This is a wonderful explanation ! Esp like the part about how Shakti and Conciousness must act together to bring about the universe.nirmalanandaChris <sadyojataya wrote: Hi Angel, Trying not to become too technical (a near impossibility for me :) ), I wanted to go a little deeper than Nirmalananda did about a couple of things, since I'm thinking you're very new to all of this. Nirmalananda mentioned the cobra as kundalini. This is, to me, the most significant aspect of the snake. Sometimes

you will see Shiva represented as also sitting atop a coiled cobra in his meditative posture. Kundalini is Divine Mother manifesting in the individual's body. Divine Mother resides within each of us, in all of Her power, though She is mostly asleep. Shiva represents pure consciousness, which is the male aspect of creation. Consciousness can do nothing, cannot act, without the female principle, Divine Mother, also referred to as shakti in a more general sense. The term shakti can also be thought of as energy or power. So, in this universe which is characterized by duality (hot-cold, soft-hard, flat-round, one could go on forever..) the All-Encompassing Divine can be seen as also existing as a duality. Shiva (indeed, all the divine forms) can thus be understood as being Supreme Divinity, beyond even name and form, and also as one half of a duality, expressing His nature within the material universe.

Without his consort, without his Shakti, his Divine Mother, He can do nothing and the universe remains unmanifested. When He is joined by His Shakti the universe comes into being and continues by their grace. So, when one sees Shiva, He is always accompanied by His Shakti (the cobra). Another way of understanding the cobra is to see it as an image of death. Shiva is unafraid because He (as the Lord of Yoga) has conquered death. The murtis (physical images) of the Gods and Goddesses are really quite wonderful symbols (in addition to being repositories of divine energy). They bring to mind truths about the universe we find ourselves in, as well as beckoning us, as it were, toward what we can achieve for ourselves. For each one represents aspects of our ultimate destiny. I hope I didn't get too technical for you. ;) Jai Maa! Chris , Harley Davis <harleyangel23 wrote: > > nameste everybody > i had one question ton ask > why does Siva always have a snake wraped around him? > and what does the snake resemble? > i also wanted to know how everybody was doing.bless all and all be blessed > > > angel > > > > Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. >

Special deal for users friends - No Cost. Get a month of Blockbuster Total Access now