IndiaDivine.org

Discipline

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste Family,

Does anyone one have any tips on discipline?

I have been attempting brahmacharya for a while now,

but every now and then Im sure like some of you must

have,

I run into problems, such as nocturnal emissions.

How do we control ourselves during sleep?

I have been praying for help in this matter, and to

get control of

awareness during sleep, but the demons of the

subconscious don't respect those wishes. Can

Svapneshvari help?

I have read that if we get up before 3AM we minimize

the likely

hood of such an event. Standing on one's head is

supposed to help,

as is moola bandha. Im trying my best to bow down with

discipline,

and Im wondering if any of you have experienced

similar difficulties and if you have any hints to help

the process along.

We are very blessed to have teachers like Swami and

Maa. They cut straight to the point.

Jai Shree Maa, Jai Shree Satyanandaji

-e

______________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Guest guest

Namaste,

What does you diet consist of?

What does your normal day look like?

Where do you live?

JAI MAA!

Surya

-

Eric Cassils

Friday, April 18, 2008 7:13 AM

[www.ShreeMaa.org] Discipline

Namaste Family,Does anyone one have any tips on discipline?I have been attempting brahmacharya for a while now,but every now and then Im sure like some of you musthave,I run into problems, such as nocturnal emissions.How do we control ourselves during sleep?I have been praying for help in this matter, and toget control of awareness during sleep, but the demons of thesubconscious don't respect those wishes. CanSvapneshvari help?I have read that if we get up before 3AM we minimizethe likelyhood of such an event. Standing on one's head issupposed to help,as is moola bandha. Im trying my best to bow down withdiscipline,and Im wondering if any of you have experiencedsimilar difficulties and if you have any hints to helpthe process along.We are very blessed to have teachers like Swami andMaa. They cut straight to the point.Jai Shree Maa, Jai Shree Satyanandaji-e________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.23.0/1383 - Release 4/17/2008 9:00 AM

Guest guest

Namaste Surya,

My diet consists of fruits, vegetables (mostly green,

fresh, and cooked), nuts, seeds, pulses(dahl),

grains, some milk, some cheese,

sometimes egg (which maybe the factor), very rarely

fish. But before I reintroduced small amounts of egg,

this was still a problem. Drinking far too much

caffeine, coffee, and tea, but don't know what else to

do to keep my mind stimulated so that I can process

highly technical information, otherwise, the body

often wants to sleep all day. However, this approach

does not seem to be working very well. I take brahmi

and ghee to help clear the mind, and that seems to

help. I take breaks between studying, when it feels as

if the head is going to implode from pressure, and do

abdominal breathing.

A normal day looks like: waking up, bathing/washing,

some sadhana, eating, going to school, japa, listening

to lectures, studying very technical information for

several hours, eating(often forgetting to eat),

sometimes a phone call with a friend or family member,

often watching mandir satsang in the evening,

sometimes more sadhana, or reading, or studying, and

going to bed most often well after 12 am.

I live in Montreal, Canada downtown, next to an

apartment where a lot of fights, and drug dealing

occurs.

JAI MAA.

Eric

--- Surya <mahamuni wrote:

> Namaste,

>

> What does you diet consist of?

>

> What does your normal day look like?

>

> Where do you live?

>

> JAI MAA!

>

> Surya

> -

> Eric Cassils

>

> Friday, April 18, 2008 7:13 AM

> [www.ShreeMaa.org] Discipline

>

>

> Namaste Family,

>

> Does anyone one have any tips on discipline?

>

> I have been attempting brahmacharya for a while

> now,

> but every now and then Im sure like some of you

> must

> have,

> I run into problems, such as nocturnal emissions.

> How do we control ourselves during sleep?

> I have been praying for help in this matter, and

> to

> get control of

> awareness during sleep, but the demons of the

> subconscious don't respect those wishes. Can

> Svapneshvari help?

> I have read that if we get up before 3AM we

> minimize

> the likely

> hood of such an event. Standing on one's head is

> supposed to help,

> as is moola bandha. Im trying my best to bow down

> with

> discipline,

> and Im wondering if any of you have experienced

> similar difficulties and if you have any hints to

> help

> the process along.

>

> We are very blessed to have teachers like Swami

> and

> Maa. They cut straight to the point.

>

> Jai Shree Maa, Jai Shree Satyanandaji

> -e

>

>

>

________

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.23.0/1383 -

> Release 4/17/2008 9:00 AM

>

______________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Namaste Eric,

Thanks for the post. Before I comment, what about garlic and onions? As you may know, these definitely increase spermatogenesis.

Tell me more specifically about your sadhana schedule and what you are doing specifically.

Obviously the up and down of immense caffeine is not helping your situation, but it can be a hard rollercoaster to get off. It requires a period of unpleasant detox.

Also how much contact do you have with the opposite sex? This may have much more effect than you think, if you are trying to achieve full celibacy.

A deeper question would be does it really matter if you have occasional nocturnal emissions or even some not during sleep? Brahmacharya is much more than just not letting out semen. If that was all it was, just go get a vasectomy and case closed.

I think the more regular your sadhana routine and the more in line with what the Rsis taught, and hence what Shree Maa, Swamiji and other Great Teachers have taught/teach, these things will become much less of an issue and will resolve themselves naturally. I can tell you from personal experience is that such things die down as you get older. This happens for physical reasons, such as less testosterone in the body and also as we see the Truth of such things in our lives.

There are definite practices that help, like some you mentioned and also ones that use breath to bring up the energy from the bottom of the spine to the top and then back down. Also strengthening your kegel muscles will be of immense help. You can stop a nocturnal emission once you build up enough strength in this area. There is more of course...

JAI AMMA!

Surya

-

Eric Cassils

Sunday, April 20, 2008 10:05 AM

Re: [www.ShreeMaa.org] Discipline

Namaste Surya,My diet consists of fruits, vegetables (mostly green,fresh, and cooked), nuts, seeds, pulses(dahl),grains, some milk, some cheese, sometimes egg (which maybe the factor), very rarelyfish. But before I reintroduced small amounts of egg,this was still a problem. Drinking far too muchcaffeine, coffee, and tea, but don't know what else todo to keep my mind stimulated so that I can processhighly technical information, otherwise, the bodyoften wants to sleep all day. However, this approachdoes not seem to be working very well. I take brahmiand ghee to help clear the mind, and that seems tohelp. I take breaks between studying, when it feels asif the head is going to implode from pressure, and doabdominal breathing.A normal day looks like: waking up, bathing/washing,some sadhana, eating, going to school, japa, listeningto lectures, studying very technical information forseveral hours, eating(often forgetting to eat),sometimes a phone call with a friend or family member,often watching mandir satsang in the evening,sometimes more sadhana, or reading, or studying, andgoing to bed most often well after 12 am. I live in Montreal, Canada downtown, next to anapartment where a lot of fights, and drug dealingoccurs.JAI MAA.Eric--- Surya <mahamuni (AT) cox (DOT) net> wrote:> Namaste,> > What does you diet consist of?> > What does your normal day look like?> > Where do you live?> > JAI MAA!> > Surya> - > Eric Cassils > > Friday, April 18, 2008 7:13 AM> [www.ShreeMaa.org] Discipline> > > Namaste Family,> > Does anyone one have any tips on discipline?> > I have been attempting brahmacharya for a while> now,> but every now and then Im sure like some of you> must> have,> I run into problems, such as nocturnal emissions.> How do we control ourselves during sleep?> I have been praying for help in this matter, and> to> get control of > awareness during sleep, but the demons of the> subconscious don't respect those wishes. Can> Svapneshvari help?> I have read that if we get up before 3AM we> minimize> the likely> hood of such an event. Standing on one's head is> supposed to help,> as is moola bandha. Im trying my best to bow down> with> discipline,> and Im wondering if any of you have experienced> similar difficulties and if you have any hints to> help> the process along.> > We are very blessed to have teachers like Swami> and> Maa. They cut straight to the point.> > Jai Shree Maa, Jai Shree Satyanandaji> -e> > >________> Be a better friend, newshound, and > know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.>http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ> > > > > >-------------------------> > > > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.23.0/1383 -> Release 4/17/2008 9:00 AM> ________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile./;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.23.0/1383 - Release 4/17/2008 9:00 AM