thought I would ask this question to Swamiji thru the group so all can

benefit.

>

> Swamiji,

>

> If conserving semen is the main impetus in these practices, then

would it be beneficial for a young man just to get a vasectomy? While

it wouldn't solve the issue of mental lust, it would solve the issue

of conserving semen that would be converted into ojas.

>

> JAI MAA!

>

> Surya

>

Guest guest

Namaste Vish, Surya, Siva and All.Thanks for the official responses from Swami and for taking the timeto consider and to clarify the major concerns of Brahmacharya.It seems purifying ourselves of the desire or lust on any plane in any state is the real crux of the issue. Diet is an issue I am correcting, reduction of coffee, elimination of animal protein along with other factors mentioned I am sure will help. While increasing Brahmi, Chaste Tree, and veitnamese coriender can help to curb the symptoms of sexual urge.However, as Surya said, it doesn't really matter all that much if it happens once in a while controlled or uncontrolled, however it can feel like an unfortunate dent in one's discipline. The latter view is somewhat counterproductive. As Swami has said something along the lines before it seems we can pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and start all over again, without judging ourselves. Swami hinted that the sadhana factor is a key to

any discipline. So I will increase my japa, this is my main sadhana, and homa, a secondary sadhana. I have been doing some asanas but need to go back to a more vigorous routine, but stopped this, due to injuring my ligaments. Adhering to the advice on brahmacharya I pray will strengthen our resolve to fulfill each to our capacities and levels of understanding, the yama of brahmacharya, and of course the other four too!My mala broke yesterday so Im going to go get it restrung.Love!Jai Sri Maataa! Jai Sri Swamiji!Ericinspectionconnection108 <inspectionconnection108 wrote: Namaste: Here is Swami's response to Surya's question below: Swami said: "No, I believe a vasectomy will only be beneficial in preventing pregnancy, not in reducing desire or its expression. There is no way to completely control sexual expression. Shiva was incapable, as were Brahma and Vishnu. The only thing we can strive for is to reduce its expression, and the best way to accomplish that is through sat sangh - positive associations with people who will inspire the best in us." Jai Ma Jai Swami vishweshwar , "Surya" <mahamuni wrote: > > Since we discussing the topic of sexual energy and controlling it, I thought I would ask this question to Swamiji thru the group so all can benefit. >

> Swamiji, > > If conserving semen is the main impetus in these practices, then would it be beneficial for a young man just to get a vasectomy? While it wouldn't solve the issue of mental lust, it would solve the issue of conserving semen that would be converted into ojas. > > JAI MAA! > > Surya >

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Eric,Namaste!Thanks for the detail in your posting. I have seen earlier references to the word brahmi in this forum and elsewhere. Could you please tell what it is. I know of a herb that supposedly improves memory.RegardsSivakumar--- On Tue, 4/29/08, Eric Cassils <Quanchula1 wrote:Eric Cassils <Quanchula1Re: [www.ShreeMaa.org] Surya and all: Swami's response Date: Tuesday, April 29, 2008, 11:47 AM

Namaste Vish, Surya, Siva and All.Thanks for the official responses from Swami and for taking the timeto consider and to clarify the major concerns of Brahmacharya.It seems purifying ourselves of the desire or lust on any plane in any state is the real crux of the issue. Diet is an issue I am correcting, reduction of coffee, elimination of animal protein along with other factors mentioned I am sure will help. While increasing Brahmi, Chaste Tree, and veitnamese coriender can help to curb the symptoms of sexual urge.However, as Surya said, it doesn't really matter all that much if it happens once in a while controlled or uncontrolled, however it can feel like an unfortunate dent in one's discipline. The latter view is somewhat counterproductive. As Swami has said something along the lines before it seems we can pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and start all over again, without judging ourselves. Swami hinted

that the sadhana factor is a key to

any discipline. So I will increase my japa, this is my main sadhana, and homa, a secondary sadhana. I have been doing some asanas but need to go back to a more vigorous routine, but stopped this, due to injuring my ligaments. Adhering to the advice on brahmacharya I pray will strengthen our resolve to fulfill each to our capacities and levels of understanding, the yama of brahmacharya, and of course the other four too!My mala broke yesterday so Im going to go get it restrung.Love!Jai Sri Maataa! Jai Sri Swamiji!Ericinspectionconnectio n108 <inspectionconnectio n108 > wrote: Namaste: Here is Swami's response to Surya's question below: Swami said: "No, I believe a vasectomy will only be beneficial in preventing pregnancy, not in reducing

desire or its expression. There is no way to completely control sexual expression. Shiva was incapable, as were Brahma and Vishnu. The only thing we can strive for is to reduce its expression, and the best way to accomplish that is through sat sangh - positive associations with people who will inspire the best in us." Jai Ma Jai Swami vishweshwar , "Surya" <mahamuni@.. .> wrote: > > Since we discussing the topic of sexual energy and controlling it, I thought I would ask this question to Swamiji thru the group so all can benefit. >

> Swamiji, > > If conserving semen is the main impetus in these practices, then would it be beneficial for a young man just to get a vasectomy? While it wouldn't solve the issue of mental lust, it would solve the issue of conserving semen that would be converted into ojas. > > JAI MAA! > > Surya > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Namaste Shiva Kumar,

It is a close relative of Gota Kola, just a different species.

JAI AMMA!

Surya

-

Siva Kumar

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 4:45 PM

Re: [www.ShreeMaa.org] Surya and all: Swami's response

Eric,Namaste!Thanks for the detail in your posting. I have seen earlier references to the word brahmi in this forum and elsewhere. Could you please tell what it is. I know of a herb that supposedly improves memory.RegardsSivakumar--- On Tue, 4/29/08, Eric Cassils <Quanchula1 > wrote:

Eric Cassils <Quanchula1 >Re: [www.ShreeMaa.org] Surya and all: Swami's response Date: Tuesday, April 29, 2008, 11:47 AM

Namaste Vish, Surya, Siva and All.Thanks for the official responses from Swami and for taking the timeto consider and to clarify the major concerns of Brahmacharya.It seems purifying ourselves of the desire or lust on any plane in any state is the real crux of the issue. Diet is an issue I am correcting, reduction of coffee, elimination of animal protein along with other factors mentioned I am sure will help. While increasing Brahmi, Chaste Tree, and veitnamese coriender can help to curb the symptoms of sexual urge.However, as Surya said, it doesn't really matter all that much if it happens once in a while controlled or uncontrolled, however it can feel like an unfortunate dent in one's discipline. The latter view is somewhat counterproductive. As Swami has said something along the lines before it seems we can pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and start all over again, without judging ourselves. Swami hinted that the sadhana factor is a key to any discipline. So I will increase my japa, this is my main sadhana, and homa, a secondary sadhana. I have been doing some asanas but need to go back to a more vigorous routine, but stopped this, due to injuring my ligaments. Adhering to the advice on brahmacharya I pray will strengthen our resolve to fulfill each to our capacities and levels of understanding, the yama of brahmacharya, and of course the other four too!My mala broke yesterday so Im going to go get it restrung.Love!Jai Sri Maataa! Jai Sri Swamiji!Ericinspectionconnectio n108 <inspectionconnectio n108 > wrote:

Namaste:Here is Swami's response to Surya's question below:Swami said: "No, I believe a vasectomy will only be beneficial in preventingpregnancy, not in reducing desire or its expression. There is no wayto completely control sexual expression. Shiva was incapable, as wereBrahma and Vishnu. The only thing we can strive for is to reduce itsexpression, and the best way to accomplish that is through sat sangh -positive associations with people who will inspire the best in us."Jai Ma Jai Swamivishweshwar, "Surya" <mahamuni@.. .> wrote:>> Since we discussing the topic of sexual energy and controlling it, Ithought I would ask this question to Swamiji thru the group so all canbenefit.> > Swamiji,> > If conserving semen is the main impetus in these practices, thenwould it be beneficial for a young man just to get a vasectomy? Whileit wouldn't solve the issue of mental lust, it would solve the issueof conserving semen that would be converted into ojas.> > JAI MAA!> > Surya>

Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.23.4/1395 - Release 4/24/2008 7:24 AM