IndiaDivine.org

To vish about sankalpa feelings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

vish wrote:

....What isyour experience when you perform a sankalpa / worship? Do you feelcloser to Mother? Do you feel happy? And, if you do not completeyour sankalpa, how do you feel? Sad, dejected, further away from Her?Swami emphasizes that each of us has our own unique relationship withMother / God. Therefore one can only look into one's heart todetermine how one feels. She is our nearest and dearest, our Mother,friend, guide, she is not distant and judging. She wants us tosucceed, to reach our goals. If one wants to know Her, then one hasto work. For example, if you love someone, you try hard to pleasethem, giving them gifts, attention, devotion, all of yourself. In my experience, it is no different with building a relationship withMother Divine. ...I have been blessed to be with Shree Maa for 10 years. I have failedand fallen many times, but, each time I got back up, brushed myselfoff, and tried again. She has always been the same to me. Alwaysloving me, always praying for my success. ALWAYS...

Dear vish ~ I always love reading your posts. Having grown up under a very judgmental religion, when I discovered Hinduism, I felt "found,home," blessed ... it was a great gift. And what a gift for you to be in the presence of Maa for so long. I can only imagine what that would be like, but it comes across very clearly in your considered, kind and knowledgeable posts. (And no, I am not brown nosing. Although, if I thought it would help me get near to Maa, I might try. Just kidding :::smile:::)

In my previous religion I was taught to be a spy on myself, but not in a good sense, like the Watcher or Witness. It was like the prison guard standing over me, waiting for me to mess up ~ have a "bad" thought or feeling, make a mistake. It was so painful. These simple words from the Vedas set me on the path to freedom: "Verily I say to you, all is either food or eater." This may seem a strange inspiration, but my particular pain had very much to do with the "hell" bardo of opposites ... no way to win. What this said to me is that everything that is, is part of it ALL. And then there was another one about bees and honey, kind of the same message, but I don't remember the words. Now I am learning to Watch, not to punish, not out of fear, but to grow, to become free, and to let it all pass through me with equanimity. I have a loooooong way to go.

Jai Maa ~ Linda

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.