IndiaDivine.org

to vish about sankalpa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

vish wrote:

....Whether we fail or succeed in our sankalpas, I feel that Mother lovesme the same...

Dear vish and all ~ I just wanted to add, that for me, right now, just coming back to the digest and reconnecting with Maa's and Swamiji's devotees, is a sankalpa. Many of you know about my illnesses, and now I am bedridden most of the day, so even putting the computer on my lap to read the digest takes a lot of effort, especially to read everything, which I have been doing since I returned. Being closer to all of you brings me closer to Maa and Swamiji, and I have gotten some of my books out ~ the Chandi, Ramakrishna ~ I am hoping to participate in the Ramakrishna class when it starts. That will be my next sankalpa.

Thanks to vish and to everyone for being an inspiration ~ Linda

P.S. vish, if you do not like me shortening your name, let me know. It's just a bit easier for me.

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

Guest guest

vish wrote:

....As Ramakrishna says: be like a mudfish at the bottom of a pond. Sitting in the mud, yet never dirty. Repeating the mantras over and over, ultimately, mantra will take awaythe mind, and the great ego, and lead us to samadhi.By chanting the mantra so often, we are developing deep grooves in ourmind and hearts. The mantra begins to become the primary thought,while other thoughts and emotions begin to capture us less and less. For example, I was drifting into a negative emotion. I caught myself,Durga's mantra popped into the forefront of my mind. Immediately Ifelt calmer and the mind settled down...

Dear vish ~ thank you so much for sharing your experience with sankalpa and also sharing a peek through the window at life at the Devi Mandir. For me at least, who has never been there, these "snapshots," like talking around the dinner table about sankalpas, are wonderful and enriching. I think, for me, this is because concept and practice are put in the context of your everyday lives. Several summers ago, after I had been introduced to the Chandi Path and the Durga mantra, I was going through a very difficult time, in an abusive relationship. I chanted the Durga Mantra constantly, and only through Her Grace and Maa and Swami did I survive and manage to extricate myself. However, one wants spiritual practice to do more than just save one from a bad situation; one wants spiritual practice to build on top of itself, as you describe, so that is representative of indwelling of Spirit. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji ~ Linda

Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!