IndiaDivine.org

to Prasana and the Group regarding questions about sankalpa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Prasana wrote:

Yes, She loves us unconditionally...

Dear Prasana, Vish, and all: I am taking this unconditional Love post as a way to ask some general, logistical questions about Mantra Sankalpa. Even though I am coming to this year's Peace Sankalpa late, I decided I still want to participate. I very much love the verse, and found that, unlike others before, I have easily memorized the verse.

Of course, here I am, come to kindergarten with mud on my shoes, and, of course, I take my shoes off before entering this sacred space. Okay, here are my questions. Some of the group may be able to answer these, but if not, I would very much appreciate what Swamiji would have to say.

1.) In the case of the particular verse, "saranagata dinarta paritrana ... I would like to ask if the wrist/hand

should point in any particular direction. I remember from the 9 Planets Sankalpa that different mantras

had the devotee pointing the wrist downward, upward, sideways, etc. (Please excuse if I am not

referencing these correctly. So, in this sankalpa, should the wrist/hand point in any direction.

2.) I also (think) I remember being told at some point, when using a mala, one holds the bead, from one to

the next, between the thumb and middle finger. If this is incorrect, I hope someone can let me know

if it matters, or am I remembering it correctly?

3.) Also, I remember, either from something posted in a previous digest, or from one of the books, levels

of recitation of mantra. I will list them as I seem to recall, and hope someone can let me know if I'm

remembering this correctly, and if not, what would the levels be?

1st Level: reciting out loud

2nd Level: reciting inwards, within the mouth, in a kind of whisper.

3rd Level: reciting inwards with no sound, but the the tongue and lips forming the words

4th Level: reciting inwards with no sound and no movement of the tongue and lips

4.) Is there anything else regarding reciting mantras and using malas in general, or specifically relevant to

this year's sankalpa?

I am coming late to the mantra, but I will not worry about outcomes or numbers, except to hold a clear intention for Peace for all the Universe. Tonight, I felt a connection as with many others who are doing this sankalpa or participating in other ways on behalf of Universa Peace.

My appreciation to everyone.

Jai Maa!

LindaGet the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!