IndiaDivine.org

To vish about devotion, a lion, and the Gurus

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

vish wrote:

Heart and mind, devotion and knowledge, are 2 sides of the samecoin. Each requires the other in order to grow. If I love my Guru,then I want to know how to serve them. In order to serve them, I haveto learn about them. As I learn, so I serve. As I serve, so I growcloser to them. And, with faith in their Grace, I pray to be able tosurrender fully to their feet.With surrender, comes absorption. When "I" and Guru cease to beseparate, the goal has been reached. When Guru is lively in me, and Iam Guru, then life is lived in fullness, and the Guru's innermostsecret desire has been fulfilled: to pass everything they are ontotheir disciple.I pray that we all truly know our Gurus, that reflection of the FullMoon, that relentless bright shining illuminating light of wisdom andpure devotion, that supreme glory of God on Earth, our Guru.

Dear vish ~ I read this right after watching the video about Christian the Lion, and how even after being considered wild, having been returned to Africa, Christian recognized those who have showered him with love. And that love came bounding back to the a hundred fold. In some way, reading your heartfelt words, and I was crying, it all seemed to be talking about the same thing. Surrender, Absorption, Love, Light ... accepting the Grace of that Love, and then reflecting it back, so that each becomes a candle of hope and joy. When I think of all the Devi Mandir "candles," joining their light to the all encompassing Light of Maa and Swami, how could we look upon anything or anyone except with Love. Jai Maa !! Jai Swamiji!! ~ Linda

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.