IndiaDivine.org

to vish about Guru Purnima at the Mandir

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

vish wrote:

Namaste all family: tonight, Thursday night, Guru Purnima, we sang,danced, chanted, and offered gifts and our love to Maa and Swami. Webegan by all meeting at Napashwar, the Shiva lingum in the woods, andMaa and Swami led us in Shiva puja. Then back to the Temple, where wechanted the Guru Gita, the song of praise to the Guru, the celestialprayer / chant extolling the cosmic virtues of the Guru. We alloffered to the Divine Homa as we chanted.When we completed that prayer, we sang many songs. As Maa led us insinging, each song took us higher and higher until the words allmerged into Maa, Maaa, Maaaaa, Maaaaaaaaaaaa.Then we performed a Divine aarti. Huge trays of 30 candles each, allblazing like the full moon. We each danced and bowed to the deitieson the Divine altar, and then to Maa and Swami...

Dear vish ~ thank you for, once again, opening a window to the Devi Mandir, especially for those of who have never been there, and for those who may never have the chance. I think I remember a photo, posted a year or two back, of Maa going to the outside Shiva Lingam in the woods, and there was snow. The picture stole my heart, and seeing the outside Shiva LIngam was such a treasure. Your words bring forth dancing "pictures" of all the love and devotion. All blessings ~ Linda Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.