IndiaDivine.org

to vish about spiritual practice

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

vish wrote:

Maa and Swami urge us to repeat mantras as often as possible in orderthat we will be habituated to cling to them, rather than the materialworld and our relations and our bodies as death draws near. As Maa and Swami teach, after long practice, the mantra will continueby itself, and become the background vibration on top of which all ourexperiences flow. So, I want to take more time to practice mantras. As often aspossible, I want to repeat these holy sounds, in order that God grantme peace.Thanks to Maa and Swami for giving us this knowledge.Jai Maa Jai SwamivishweshwarandEverything around us wants to take hold of us and keep us attached.

Dear vish ~ as always your posts really speak to me. Although, as I have experienced you in the limited environment of the digest, I would have believed that all your time is devoted to puja and mantra and spiritual actions. Perhaps this is a bit of a danger, for someone like me, who is not there ... I have a kind of positive bias about all the sadhus who dwell there, and I think that, just being in close proximity to Maa and Swamiji would make all that seems so hard much easier. I think that's not really fair of me, so your candor is greatly appreciated. I guess that anyone, other than Maa and Swamiji, goes through trials and has pitfalls and pratfalls in developing their spiritual practice and devotion. Sharing your insights and experiences is very much appreciated by this baby stepper. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji ~ Linda P.S. I find I do much better in my life, with difficult situations floating about the sea of objects and relationships, when I keep a mantra going. For some reason, the Durga mantra is the one that has, from the very beginning, grabbed my attention ... could it be because I really need someone like Her to tear apart negative thoughts and give me new perspective?Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.