IndiaDivine.org

to Jorge Farias about local satsang

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jorge Farias wrote:

....All Satsangas start with Shree Maa and Swamiji's videos and a short presentation of them, I usually translate the videos because most Brazilians are not acquainted to English. Then we read and talk about the sadhana we're going to train that meeting and solve eventual doubts. The last part is the actual performance of the sadhana and sharing the prasada. On July's meeting we practiced "Navarna Mantra Viddhi" together. The idea is that people may take what they have learnt and practiced in the group to their homes.

Dear Jorge ~ I was so inspired by your account of what you do at your satsangas. You mention teaching English, and you are a very good teacher to have developed such a wonderful program. I was involved with a satsang for Ammachi many years ago, and it followed much the same process ~ a video or cd, shared devotional activities, then ending with the aarti.It is wonderful that you talk about the sadhana and then do it together. Next to being right at the Mandir, this seems like a very conducive environment in which to develop spiritual values, worship, and spiritual friendships. I have wondered if there are any Shree Maa and Swamiji devotees in the Boston area, but have no idea how I would go about finding out. With Ammachi, all local centers are posted on the website, and if there is no center, they will give you names of other devotees. But you have given me some hope ... I will try to figure out a way to determine if there are devotees here. There is a very wonderful Hindu Temple close to where I live.

Again, many thanks for sharing your experience with us. Blessings ~ LindaGet fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.