IndiaDivine.org

to srini about Shravan sankalpa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

srini wrote:

The month of Shravan which begins on August 1, is special to Lord Shiva.Shree Maa suggested the following Sankalpa for devotees, if you like:Every Monday (August 4, 11, 18, 25) vow to fast during the day. Youcan pick your own fasting diet. For example, fruits and milk. You canbreak the fast for dinner. Maa suggested that we not eat meat or fishfor dinner.

Dear srini ~ I would like to participate in this sankalpa. Oddly enough, normally, what you describe is my regular diet. Because of my reactivity I don't eat any meat or processed food ... just yoghurt and cheese and fruit, which I have only added recently ... also fruit muffins, which may not be the best thing for me, but they don't cause any reactivity. But on the 4th, I will have made a trip to Derby, CT, to meet with a wonderful doctor at the Integrative Medicine Center. He and other doctors there use a combination of traditional western medicine along with eastern medicine, naturopthy and such. What is interesting is that because I won't be home, it will be more difficult to control what I eat, so that will make it a true sankalpa.

Also I very much appreciate knowing that this month is devoted to Shiva. As part of my sankalpa, with Maa's grace, I will wash my Shiva Nataraj and clean my altar. I would like to sing also. There is a wonderful song ... well it is Shiva, Kali and Durga ... that I love so much. You might know it. The words are simple and just repeat over and over.

Shiva, Shiva, mahadeva

Namah Shivayo Namo Namah

(repeat)

Kali, Kali, maha mata,

Namah Kalika, Namo Namah

(repeat)

Durga, Durga maha maya

Namah Durgaya Namo Namah

(repeat)

You sing it over and over as long as you want. Thank you for helping me remember ~ Linda

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.