IndiaDivine.org

to Ambika about singing for/to/with God

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Ambika wrote:

>>...God is present in my life through repetition of His name – not only>>through mantra but also through song. In honor of this special month>>devoted to Shiva, I decided to sit down at my harmonium and sing Shiva>>bhajans. I sang songs written by Beloved Shree Maa, in addition to>>other tunes. And then suddenly I found myself spontaneously composing>>my own love song to Shiva. >>>>Time flew by, unnoticed. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. >>And in that moment, I knew – this is the spiritual practice that>>allows God to remain present in my life. I sing, I chant, I love.

-----------

dear all ~ I am trying a new way to better separate my comments from the copied post of another. In my reply email, there is a blue line going down the side, but when I see my post, the blue line is gone, and it seems as if what I write melds right into the quote I am commenting on. Anyway, I am just hoping to find a way to make it a bit clearer to others.

Dear Ambika ~ your post had such meaning for me. Many years ago my mother, who is now deceased, gave me something of hers. It was a stone with the following words: God is happy with my work, but He loves it when I sing. I know so much about what you say, and that experience of connecting with God through chanting and music is an amazing gift. And I love this especially: "I sing, I chant. I love."

You have given me such happiness by sharing yours. Shanti ~ Linda

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.