IndiaDivine.org

to vish about studying and discussing the 5 verses - core of the teachings

Rate this topic

Guest guest

vish wrote:

> Namaste all: These words of wisdom stated below, as shared by Maa> Devi, were composed by Shankar Acharya in 700 A.D. He is lauded as one> of the Great Ones, who organized the sadus of the time and set into> motion a revolution of human consciousness. We trace our lineage of> Masters back to Him, and bow to Him with great devotion.> The phrase Maa Devi has quoted is a small portion of 5 verses which> Swami included at the beginning of the Advanced Shiva Puja text.> Those 5 verses encapsulate the core of the teachings which govern the> lives of all dedicated seekers and those of us associated with Maa and> Swami....> Over the next days, if you desire, we can discuss a portion of each> verse, and relate how these jewels of wisdom have transformed our> outlook on our sadhana and life goals.> Verse 1:(first half of the verse}> "Always study words of wisdom, with all of your capacity act in> accordance and perform the discipline of these words, and following> the system of worship they enumerate, make the worship of the Supreme> Lord, and don't allow your consciousness to contemplate adverse>desires."

_____

Dear vish ~ this sounds like a wonderful idea. Are we going to do it? Is it possible to announce which verse we will be discussing a day or two ahead? It seems that I get digests and emails from the Mandir a day or two of the actual date on the email ... so many times, something has already happened before I know about it. I do have the Advanced Shiva Puja.

Also I apologize ... I can't seem to catch up. So I am starting with the most recent digest and working backwards. I hope I can catch up. Later I have something to share with everyone. Shanti ~ LindaLooking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

Namaste Linda,I too have the same problem with emails. This one came in along after Maa Devi's this morning sometime.I was up to 1:38 am on computer and no site of them then. Maa Devi's is dated the 11th & it came in on 12th.The reason I'm telling you this is that I think a lot of times it is our individual systems that pull in the emails at different. times.When I read this note I went looking for Maa Devi's because I hadn't seen it yet.I wouldn't worry about keeping up. You are where you are suppose to be or you wouldn't be there.Relax and enjoy the occasion as it comes.This was an issue for me for a while too then I just decided to try to go with the flow. Then other times I get frustrated because I miss something because it doesn't get posted in time so I

just do it when it comes in or go on the the next thing.I think what Vish is saying is jump in and discuss when you are ready.Sounds like we'll start at the top and work our way through the whole text from Advanced Siva Puja.Join in when you have something to add and hang on for the ride.WAHOO! Swami told me something a few weeks ago that was so much help to me you might appreciate it too> "Just grab onto Chandi and don't let go"So I cut a strip of cloth, from the cloth that covers Her on the pot, and sewed some cloth rose petals onto each end and tied it around my wrist.Now when the ride gets rough, I fall off the horse, someone rattles my cage, I realize I have let go of mother and grab onto Her saree tale and hang on. Trusting that if it's happening it's suppose to be so deal with it girlfriend> or at least that's what i tell myself. It's still bumpy but at least I have Her physically to hang

onto. And when that's where I'm operating from it helps to pull me back to where I need to be. Of course Swami probably meant go do you Chandi kid. So I shall go get busy. May you day be filled with all you need and bubble over into others lives as blessings.Jai Swamiji, Jai Maa, Their Love fills us all to over flowing,Lots of Love,

Devi--- On Mon, 8/11/08, nierika <nierika wrote:nierika <nierika[www.ShreeMaa.org] to vish about studying and discussing the 5 verses - core of the teachings Date: Monday, August 11, 2008, 9:54 PM

vish wrote:iv>

> Namaste all: These words of wisdom stated below, as shared by Maa> Devi, were composed by Shankar Acharya in 700 A.D. He is lauded as one> of the Great Ones, who organized the sadus of the time and set into> motion a revolution of human consciousness. We trace our lineage of> Masters back to Him, and bow to Him with great devotion.> The phrase Maa Devi has quoted is a small portion of 5 verses which> Swami included at the beginning of the Advanced Shiva Puja text.> Those 5 verses encapsulate the core of the teachings which govern the> lives of all dedicated seekers and those of us associated with Maa and> Swami....> Over the next days, if you desire, we can discuss a portion of each> verse, and relate how these jewels of wisdom have transformed our> outlook on our sadhana and life goals.> Verse 1:(first half of the verse}> "Always study words of wisdom, with all of your capacity act in> accordance and perform the discipline of these words, and following> the system of worship they enumerate, make the worship of the Supreme> Lord, and don't allow your consciousness to contemplate adverse>desires."

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _____

Dear vish ~ this sounds like a wonderful idea. Are we going to do it? Is it possible to announce which verse we will be discussing a day or two ahead? It seems that I get digests and emails from the Mandir a day or two of the actual date on the email ... so many times, something has already happened before I know about it. I do have the Advanced Shiva Puja.

Also I apologize ... I can't seem to catch up. So I am starting with the most recent digest and working backwards. I hope I can catch up. Later I have something to share with everyone. Shanti ~ LindaLooking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.