IndiaDivine.org

RE: to Devi Mandir Family about Prayer Club

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Devi Mandir Prayer club members,

I have participated in the prayer club / Sankalpa since may be July 2006 and ever

since seen more of Gods' blessings and protection in my life. I always listen to

the most recent prayer (thank you for emailing the link each month) and words can

not describe the feelings I get each time I listen to it.

To me this is more than a response to any intercessory prayer that I used to

practice in my previous faith. Jesus fell on his face and prayed, "My Father, if it

be possible, let this cup pass from me." but at times that is not what God would

want us to do as He has a better plan for each of us His devotees. This is the

reason why I like Swamis teaching that gives us an opportunity to experience Maa's

blessings for ourselves.

Because I'm learning more and more in my relationship with Chandi and Durga Maa, it

seems that no matter how you try to go around it, it always comes back to the one-

on-one relationship with your Ishta Deva that you have.

To me prayer is submitting to what Mataji gives you; accept willingly that what she

does not give, relinquish the things that you think you so urgently desire. All

this becomes a demonstration of our sincerity in saying with conviction 'Not mine

but Thy will be done'. She plays in the souls, bodies and hearts of her devotees,

She looks upon who ever believes in her with love and faith and worships her with

the mind body and soul. She talks to those who speak to her. She comes closer to

those who call out to her. She appears in front of those who meditate upon her. She

installs herself wherever her hymns (bhajans) are sung. It is up to us to realize

this can only be obtained when one surrenders their life to Mataji. The protection

for her devotees can be seen in Her tender and loving eyes. She is in us - her

Shakti (energy) is which makes our senses work.

Participating in the prayers and pujas has truly deepened my faith in God.

Thank you Swamiji. Thank you Maa. Thank you Devi Mandir members. Jai Mata Di.OM Shanti,Alphanso

From: nierikaDate: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:00:37 -0400[www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: to Devi Mandir Family about Prayer Club

"Prayer Club" posted:

....To listen to our most recent prayer "http://www.shreemaa.org/drupal-4.7.3/recent_prayer_2

Dear Prayer Club host/hostess and all of the Devi Mandir family ... I went and got the list and was amazed to see my name there. It might have been more than once, but the one I am sure of mentioned my last name.

My heart is so opened to the love that is created and manifested by this Prayer Sankalpa, and I want to thank Mukti Maa for putting me (or keeping me) on the list. I am filled with joy. So many wonderful things are happening within me and to me; I feel so blessed, and the only way I can think of to say "thank you" is to gather up the love and send it back out. So imagine this pure love ... of all the Devi Mandir family, sent through the Prayer List and the devotees' participation ... coming back to you in the form of pink rose buds, just ready to open, and lilies, corn flowers and baby's breath ... carried on the golden light of spirit.

Jai Maa!! Jai Swamiji!!! Jai Devi Mandir Family!!!

Linda

P.S.: and, of course, to be able to go online and hear the prayer list being read ... is incredible. I do have one question. What is jum sah? jum sah swaha is said with each person's name. I recall that swaha means, "I am one with God" or "we are one with God," but I don't know the meaning of the other two.

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.

Wow, put very well Alphanso,This has been a great subject.Have learned so much.Thanks Linda for bringing it all together.My lesson in all this is that asking questions teaches us all something.For so long I haven't asked because "IIIIIII" didn't want to look dumb.Wanted to be seen as all knowing. Well Linda Maa has CUT THE EGO DEEPLY thank you Dear Sister great lesson!!!Jai Maa,

Devi--- On Thu, 8/14/08, Alphanso DSouza <alphanso108 wrote:Alphanso DSouza <alphanso108RE: [www.ShreeMaa.org] Re: to Devi Mandir Family about Prayer Club Date: Thursday, August 14, 2008, 2:59 PM

Dear Devi Mandir Prayer club members,

I have participated in the prayer club / Sankalpa since may be July 2006 and ever

since seen more of Gods' blessings and protection in my life. I always listen to

the most recent prayer (thank you for emailing the link each month) and words can

not describe the feelings I get each time I listen to it.

To me this is more than a response to any intercessory prayer that I used to

practice in my previous faith. Jesus fell on his face and prayed, "My Father, if it

be possible, let this cup pass from me." but at times that is not what God would

want us to do as He has a better plan for each of us His devotees. This is the

reason why I like Swamis teaching that gives us an opportunity to experience Maa's

blessings for ourselves.

Because I'm learning more and more in my relationship with Chandi and Durga Maa, it

seems that no matter how you try to go around it, it always comes back to the one-

on-one relationship with your Ishta Deva that you have.

To me prayer is submitting to what Mataji gives you; accept willingly that what she

does not give, relinquish the things that you think you so urgently desire. All

this becomes a demonstration of our sincerity in saying with conviction 'Not mine

but Thy will be done'. She plays in the souls, bodies and hearts of her devotees,

She looks upon who ever believes in her with love and faith and worships her with

the mind body and soul. She talks to those who speak to her. She comes closer to

those who call out to her. She appears in front of those who meditate upon her. She

installs herself wherever her hymns (bhajans) are sung. It is up to us to realize

this can only be obtained when one surrenders their life to Mataji. The protection

for her devotees can be seen in Her tender and loving eyes. She is in us - her

Shakti (energy) is which makes our senses work.

Participating in the prayers and pujas has truly deepened my faith in God.

Thank you Swamiji. Thank you Maa. Thank you Devi Mandir members. Jai Mata Di.OM Shanti,Alphanso

nierika (AT) aol (DOT) comWed, 13 Aug 2008 20:00:37 -0400[www.ShreeMaa. org] Re: to Devi Mandir Family about Prayer Club

"Prayer Club" posted:

....To listen to our most recent prayer "http://www. shreemaa. org/drupal- 4.7.3/recent_ prayer_2

Dear Prayer Club host/hostess and all of the Devi Mandir family ... I went and got the list and was amazed to see my name there. It might have been more than once, but the one I am sure of mentioned my last name.

My heart is so opened to the love that is created and manifested by this Prayer Sankalpa, and I want to thank Mukti Maa for putting me (or keeping me) on the list. I am filled with joy. So many wonderful things are happening within me and to me; I feel so blessed, and the only way I can think of to say "thank you" is to gather up the love and send it back out. So imagine this pure love ... of all the Devi Mandir family, sent through the Prayer List and the devotees' participation ... coming back to you in the form of pink rose buds, just ready to open, and lilies, corn flowers and baby's breath ... carried on the golden light of spirit.

Jai Maa!! Jai Swamiji!!! Jai Devi Mandir Family!!!

Linda

P.S.: and, of course, to be able to go online and hear the prayer list being read ... is incredible. I do have one question. What is jum sah? jum sah swaha is said with each person's name. I recall that swaha means, "I am one with God" or "we are one with God," but I don't know the meaning of the other two.

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.