IndiaDivine.org

to Devi about more on bruised elbows and skinned knees

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Devi wrote:

Wow, put very well Alphanso,This has been a great subject.Have learned so much.Thanks Linda for bringing it all together...

Dear Devi ~ ah, well, you may be following the example of a first grader, but I agree that by having the perspective of diverse people only makes us ask questions, make connections -- between the teaching and what we are actually able to digest (sometimes it takes a very looooooooooooooog time for these teachings to get through to me. I do remember, when I was a kid, I was afraid to ask questions in school. Then when I got to college, I was so interested in everything that I adopted the spirit of inquiry and asked questions about everything. Sometimes I asked the same question more than once. Or sometimes, to carry the school analogy a bit further, I only knew what questions to ask when I got to the second "semester" of something.

When I was in grade school, middle school, high school, I was terrified of the teachers. I sat in the back of the class and tried to not be noticed, and mostly wasn't, which made me feel very lucky. But when I finally got back to college (I had one semester and crashed and burned) I realize how really exciting learning is and how valuable to me. I always sat as close to the front as possible, so I would be noticed if I wanted to ask a question. Guess what I was secretly scared of then? ....that my classmates would think of me as a "brown noser." This now makes want to roll around on the floor and laugh ... you know ROFLOL!!!!

Now I let all those worries go. I know if I make a mistake, Maa and Swamiji will know and may even find a way to point it out to me, and yet, now I have joy even if there is a mistake ... because, as I said to Alphonso ... sometimes it's about our bruised elbows and skinned knees.

Jai Maa!!!! Jai Swamiji!!!! Jai Devi Mandir Family !!!!

Linda

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.