IndiaDivine.org

to vish about stating sankalpa at the beginning of pujas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

vish wrote:

Advanced Shiva Puja, Verse 3, Part 2, Page 6, ....Makerenunciation of the many thoughts of the mind, and leave the egotismof your body, and don't debate idle philosophies with intellectuals....In theri wisdom, the Masters organized the puja so that we would stateour sankalpa at the start of each puja, homa, etc.

Dear vish ~ I always have liked this passage about no debating "idle philosophies with intellectuals." The first few times it came up, I felt that : ( we shouldn't be discussing things in the digest. But I now realize that what goes on here is not of that ilk. We share questions, thoughts, experiences ... all related to our devotion and the tools Maa and Swamiji are always giving to us. They have left no stone unturned in providing these tools and in making our practice and learning seamless, and providing different tolls, which may appeal to different people, according to their individual nature. But always, the focus is the devotion, the practice. So I am glad to now understand the difference.

Okay, I just read through the beginning of the Hannuman Puja, up to page 23, and I didn't find any place where it referred to naming our sankalpa. So perhaps I'm just hopelessly confused. : ) It wouldn't be the first time.

Also, where in the puja does it give the opportunity to state our sankalpa, or is that written in as part of the puja? I recall that, with the Chandi, there is part, further along in the puja, where we are able to have the opportunity to request a boon. I have Chandi, Advanced Shiva Puja, Ganesh Beginners Puja, Hannuman Puja, Kali Puja, and (small version) Durga Puja (this is the shortened version of the Chandi Path?). Any way, I am thinking perhaps that, excepting the Chandi which has been updated (I still have the old copy), that perhaps you could give me a page number from one of the others. I could look, but if I have not already noticed this, it may be because it is "hiding in plain sight." Any help you could offer will be greatly appreciated.It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.