IndiaDivine.org

Living in Bharat

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Swamiji ~ this is a seemingly simple question ~ how do we remain in Bharat ~ that is, in fact, as deep as our hearts and as wide as the Universe. I go partly with what sal said about imagining the candle (for me a T-light in a lotus T-light holder) that can never be blown out.

Yet today, I, after having had a kind of extended sense of living in Bharat and how wonderful it can be, jumped out and crashed headlong into the sidewalk (this is a metaphor, of course). I have been concerned about my teeth. I have already lost one, and because my other chronic health issues have taken center stage for so long, others, like my teeth, got pushed into the background. I became very disturbed at the prospect of losing another tooth, my fear pushing me out of Bharat.

But periodically I had this thought ... you know, Linda, Swamiji would say this is another wavy bump on the ocean of objects and relationships. And so I pondered how teeth, even though they are part of us, are really, in a sense, "things," as is our physical body. To live in Bharat, we can be attached to nothing. Attached to nothing, embracing only God/dess. It was almost as if there was a Swamiji voice in my head, reminding me that I didn't have to be so upset about this matter. Oh, I thought, that's all well and good, but it is, after all, my tooth.

My and mine ... these are the thoughts that can get us into real trouble and topple us out of Bharat. The truth is I would gladly give all my teeth to live in Bharat, so back to the drawing board, or the non-drawing board for me. Bharat is real. It already is. All that remains is for me simply to be, and be aware of this truth. Thank you, once again, Swamiji, for taxing my thoughts when they were so busy creating worry. Now I think again of Bharat! Jai Swamiji !!! ~ Linda

In a message dated 9/7/2008 1:32:17 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time, writes:

Question from Swami for clubPosted by: "sal." salpaulsen salpaulsenSat Sep 6, 2008 2:53 pm ((PDT))...How can we always live in Light and in Wisdom? Why, just simply think it and you are there! Keep the Light alive in your heart! Trust that God has you exactly where you are supposed to be.I imagine a candle burning brightly in my heart space. No one can blow it out... , "inspectionconnection108" <inspectionconnection108 wrote:>> Namaste all family: Swami has posted this question for us all.> > SWAMI'S QUESTION> The ancient name of India is Bharat, meaning the Land Where the Light> of Wisdom Always Shines. India is the modern political name assumed> during the British occupation. > > What can we do to always live in Bharat?> > > > Jai Maa Jai Swami> > Vishweshwar

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.