IndiaDivine.org

Re:to the Prayer Group about Rumi quote

Rate this topic

Guest guest

the Prayer Group posted:

"The Guest House'This being human is a guest house. Every morning a new arrival.A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor. Welcome and entertain them all! Even if they are a crowd of sorrows, who violently sweep your house empty of its furniture, still treat each guest honorably. He may be clearing you out for some new delight. The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing and invite them in. Be grateful for whatever comes because each has been sent as a guide from beyond."Jelaluddin Rumi translation by Coleman Barks

Dear Prayer Group ~ I surely wish I knew who you are, or perhaps there many of you who fulfill this wonderful task from time to time. Anyway, thanks for adding this wonderful Rumi quote. I am copying it down to add to my "Devi Mandir/Spirit and Wondrous Thoughts" notebook. So, I must laugh, even if I must loose my tooth. Ah, :::sigh:::, it does show me how easily I distress myself over trivial matters. I will apply this to dealing with my tooth, where ever it may go." Shanti ~ LindaPsssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.