IndiaDivine.org

to manjusa and all about purana discussion

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Manjusa wrote:

Dear Manjusa and all, (please excuse how I respond to this, but there is so much richness, and so I'm going to divide the post and my responses ... hope it will be clear (Linda)

Dear Gauri, Brindavanshakti and all involved in this discussion...

Is there a discussion going on (where?) about the puranas. Are they based on the "Swami Puranas?"

....What is interesting about these Puranic stories is that they have somany dimensions and so much depth, limited only by our own sense ofperceptions and attitudes. The Puranas are full of such stories.... They are like true life situations. The best of us is prone to thosesins we KNOW are negative - anger, jealousy, passion, arrogance. Denyit, though we may. But when you have Gauri's attitude, or Vish's, youtry to retain a positive attitude even in the worst of situations -and its that attitude that saves the situation.

I have only in the past few months, even shorter, with the past few weeks, experienced the truth of this. Employing the Witness, I have watched as my emotional attachments created reactions in me, and if I expressed these or put them "out there" in an obvious way, everything only became worse. It's a bit difficult if one is in a relationship where only one is working according to a spiritual path, however that is no excuse. At the bottom, my husband lives in the Now, detached from most things, except, of course, for my reactions to him. Recently I have been working to lose some weight I gained when I was confined to my bed. For every pound I lose I give myself a blue smiley face sticker.

Today, after I'd been up for awhile, I became unglued ... all around unfinished "business" with my mother, no doubt brought up by the fact that my daughter is getting married, and because my mother is deceased so she won't be there. It was like an unstoppable flood. I let the flood loose; I felt in some way that I needed to do this to "let go." However, the minute I heard my hubby stirring in the next room and knowing that he believes I should already have let this go because it's in the past ... I pulled myself together. The thing that was wonderful about it was that I didn't do it in a stuffing it down way or a pretending it really isn't there way.

I simply recognized the present situation and made the choice to let go, which I did so immediately. This might have been more of a surprise to me, except that over the last few months I have found myself more able to employ the Witness, which I believe is an important step in remaining in the Now, and that, in turn, means, ipso facto, letting go of the past. So in my journal I gave myself a orange sticky smiley face ... orange because in Hinduism and Buddhism it stands for renunciation, sadhana and brotherhood. : )

A negative attitudeunder the same circumstances can mean the END...

That is exactly how it has always felt to me. Which, of course, makes it even harder to let go because the END means something dies ... however, I now realize that the only death is that of the ego.

Thank you all for your patience! I love this Blog. and I love thediscussions.. I always find something to inspire me or remedies. Thankyou all & Victory to Maa and Swamiji and US ALL!! Bharat is currently residingin NAPA in the Devi Mandir Ashram.

By "Blog" do you mean the digest or one of the online Blogs on Shree Maa's site. If the purana discussion is part of a blog, I'd feel so fortunate to know about it. Thank you all for your patience ~ Linda

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Dear Linda,

Brindavanshakti's post (about the story of the brahmin who was cursed

with leprosy by Goddess Parvati, but recovers through faith and

prayers), became the reason for some very interesting responses- and I

called it a 'discussion'. Its right here in the

- this digest. You'll find it in the topic list.

Is there another online blog on the Devi Mandir website? There's so much

I keep discovering. Like the FAQs..

Often I want to attach a file- but the doesn't allow for

file attachments -am I right?

Maybe you could start a discussion on the Puranas! (Yes I mean the Swami

Puranas. )

I wonder why so many distractions appear just when I am beginning to get

involved in a new activity.. I have a downpour of work that's deluged me

and I find very little time for the - Though I love reading

the posts. I guess I need nothing short of a Sankalp to devote an hour

or two everyday to the devi-mandir group.

Love

Jai Maa and Jai Swamiji!!!

Manjusha

>

>

>

>

>

> **************Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion

blog,

> plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

> (http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014)

>