IndiaDivine.org

to Manjusha and all about Puranas discussion and keeping up with the digest

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Manjusha wrote:

....Maybe you could start a discussion on the Puranas! (Yes I mean the SwamiPuranas. )I wonder why so many distractions appear just when I am beginning to getinvolved in a new activity.. I have a downpour of work that's deluged meand I find very little time for the - Though I love readingthe posts. I guess I need nothing short of a Sankalp to devote an houror two everyday to the devi-mandir group.

----

Dear Manjusha and all ~ I would love to start a discussion of the Swami Puranas! Perhaps we should wait until after the Navaratri. Yes? Will we be discussing our Navaratri here, and/or the Chandi? I remember vish said something about picking up with the Chandi discussion, beginning with some verse in Chapter 4. Was that discussion here, vish? So maybe Navaratri and finish discussion of Chapter 4 of Chandi, and then Swami Puranas? If anyone is interested in a Puranas discussion, let me know and I will try to keep up with what vish is doing and then start a discussion when it seems appropriate. (I believe if we attempt to discuss too many specific things, along with our general conversations and Q & A, it will be too overwhelming.)

Yes, distractions ... and, for me, I have always been one or two digests behind. I do think of participating in the digest to be part of my sadhana, so staying caught up has been an important goal. My body helped me out with that. Instead of waking me up at 7:30 or 8:00 am, my body started waking me up at 6:00 and 6:30 am. One day it woke me up at 4 am. I said, "well, okay body, but that's too early ... no more naps at mid day." I realize this may not be the solution for you, Manjusha, but ask your body for help and see what may happen. (I originally wrote gody instead of body, then changed it back, but I think it was a serendipitous mis-step ~ if I thought of my body as my gody, it might help remind me better that my gody/body is my sacred vessel in this life and treat it better.)

Waking earlier worked pretty well for me. I was even able to, for the most part, to give up taking naps during the day. Now that I am able to be more active, I still have to take a nap a few times a week, or my body just gives out wherever I am. So I have used this extra time to get and stay caught up with the Digest. My next sankalpa is to also use some of this early alone time to do sadhana. And just recently I was able to finally clear away a space in the extra bedroom to put my altar. Yea! Blessings to all Devi Mandir Family ~ Linda Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.