IndiaDivine.org

to vish about possible new translation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

vish wrote:

Namaste Linda: Sorry to say, there is no new book. The verses I havebeen discussing come from the beginning of the "Advanced Shiva Puja"text book, translated by Swami. It has been in print for at least 6years and is available at the Devi Mandir web site...

Dear vish ~ thank you as always for the good information. I already have the "Advanced Shiva Puja." I think the reason I asked the question was because I have been aware that Swamiji in some way updated the "Chandi Path," and I was always having trouble following along in my old copy. So I thought he might have done the same with some of the others.

I remember once when Swamiji said or wrote (paraphrase): Over the centuries, sages have at times re-translated the ancient scriptures, to be more in tune with the time and the people, but the essence remains the same. Anyhow, I thought this was wonderful and made a lot of sense, and I so very much love and appreciate Swamiji for all the ancient texts he has re-translated for us. The are very comprehensible and speak right to the heart, as well as to the mind (Mind).

Jai Swamiji!!!

LindaPsssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.