IndiaDivine.org

to vish and maadevi about tarpana

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks to maadevi and vish, who both gave answers to "what is tarpana." Now I only need to know what shradda is and where. Shanti ~ Linda

Namaste Linda and all: In the Cosmic Puja text, it is called "tarpana, on page 327 at the bottom.

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.

Dear Linda,

Hope you are well.

My humble understanding is :

Tarpana ceremony is the offering to the Gods for the deceased ancestors to lift their soul to a better place.

Shradda means faith as in Chap 5 verse 50 of the Chandi Path. Shraddha is the name given to the ceremony by which we pay homage to our deceased ancestor thanking them for all that they have done for us. The offering is performed with the deepest faith, sincerity and gratitude possible seeking compassion, blessings, peace and release from all bondage.

Jai Maa

maadevi

, nierika wrote:>> > Thanks to maadevi and vish, who both gave answers to "what is tarpana." Now > I only need to know what shradda is and where. Shanti ~ Linda> > Namaste Linda and all: In the Cosmic Puja text, it is called "> tarpana, on page 327 at the bottom.> > > > > > > > **************Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, > plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com. > (http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014)>