IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 2722

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear srini ~ I already replied to this wonderful email, but because I forgot to change the "To" part of the email,

it didn't get to the group. I hope I can remember. I am studying Chapter 4, in the hotel, as I rest up to be able

to attend my daughter's wedding on the 21st. : )

I am so grateful for sharing the story of Swamiji. Once he said, or wrote, to me, when I wrote of a particularly

difficult relationship: Thank the Goddess for the Gift to Participate in Her Wonderful Creation. Now this is

what he has demonstrated by his own actions. I try very much, actually working at it more attentively recently,

and I have felt the results. Today I was at a bead store, and the clerk accidently transposed the price, which was

$17 to $71. She was so flustered and upset and telling me would get it reversed, but didn't know how, so would

have to wait until later in the day when the manager would be in. Several times she thanked me for my calmness,

when in all actuality I wasn't attached to having to know the issue was resolved. Finally she said: I just don't know

how you can be so kind about this. I said, "I don't have time for anything else." When I saw the horrified look on her

face, I said, "oh, no, I'm not dying; this is just how I look at and experience situations these days.

All the years of trying, and as Yoda (Star Wars) would say, "Don't try. Do," find myself doing more than trying. I h

have also realized that when I've been trying I have not succeeded, but have fallen on my face. Well, this, as I

now understand, is not an intellectual proposition, but a way of being. Yet I do feel that we each approach new

learning and behavior in different ways, and sometimes our mind is the beginning ... formulating an idea; and our

hearts are the feelings ... our feelings have to actually change and be real; and our souls ... I feel when the

level of soul understanding is reached, there is no more trying, only being. That I have dipped my toe in the ocean and

accepted the waves, whether they are choppy or calm, it is all wonderful to me. Now only to direct this to each

and every facet of my life and being. Jai Maa !!!! Jai Swamiji !!!

Linda

srini wrote:

I am happy to begin our discussion of Chapter 4 of Chandi Path.

At the end of Chapter 3, Divine Mother kills the Ego and Gods and

Goddesses (that's us) are filled with delight.

....She is the energy of all and She is everywhere.

....Once after Swamiji chanted the Chandi he was telling us that he felt

an excruciating pain running all the way from His feet to the top of

His head. And do you know what His response to the pain was?

He said, "I thanked the Goddess for giving Her darshan in the form of

the shooting pain".

And of course, he completed His recitation without getting up.

This really helped me and sometimes when I feel pain I remind myself

of this story and it helps me sit and complete the recitation.

How can we recognize Her in all the different ways She comes to us?

How can we implement this lesson from Swamiji in our lives?

Find phone numbers fast with the New AOL Yellow Pages!