IndiaDivine.org

to jaisanatanimaa about imcomprehensibility of the Goddess and some questions for the whole group

Rate this topic

Guest guest

jaisanatanimaa wrote:

reading these verses, what strikes me most is the emphasis on the indescribability and the incomprehensibility of Divine Mother...

'I' am supported by Her and not the other way around,is something to

be remembered constantly. In vs.5 it is said that She is 'faith to

the truthful'; to me, this means thatif we are honest enough to admit

that we 'don't know Her path very well', She will fill our hearts

with trust in Her in whatever guise She may choose...Dear jaisanatanimaa ~ I too was struck by the references to the incomprehensibility of Divine Mother.

Also, I was struck speechless (if I'd been inclined to talk), by this passage (V 4): "Whose imcomparable

greatness and strengh the Lord of the Universe (Vishnu?, Shiva?)...is incable to extol. So I was not

the only one rendered speechless. This passage from V 3, "Her intrinsic nature is the aggregate energy of

all the Gods and Seers." Wow!

Then I decided that to really understand Chapter 4, I needed to read Chapter 3, and then quickly realized

that, actually, I would have to start with the first Chapter and read through to Chapter 4. It as there, in the

"Meditation," that I found brief descriptions of the objects She carries (that had asked about in a pre-

vious post. I feel certain that these objects carry deeper meanins, but here is how they were described:

sword ... of worship (one pointed attention to the goal?)

discus ... of revolving time (She stands beyond time and space?)

bow ... of determination (we need to watch where we aim an shoot our arrows, and She is modeling this?)

pike ... of attention (similar to the sword?)

iron bar ... of restraint (couldn't come up with any additional intuitive understanding of this one)

head ... of egotism (we must let ours go, or She will take it for us?)

conch ... of vibrations (the conch comes from the water; again a reference perhaps to diving deep,or

of always coming from a deep level of understanding?; being above and beyond the roiling waves of

the turbulant ocean of objects and relationshps?, a bit like walking on water

I would be very interested to read other people's interpretation or these objects, because they are

mentioned over and over in the Chandi Path. Is there a way to take this before Swamiji and ask

for his interpretation?

To Devi Mandir Family: I very much like the way that vish has been going through the Advanced

Shiva Puja ... a verse at a time. I wonder if anyone here would be interested in doing that with

the 4th chapter of the Chandi?

Jai Maa!!!!! Jai Swamiji !!!!!

Linda

Find phone numbers fast with the New AOL Yellow Pages!