IndiaDivine.org

to Chetan Merani: Swami Vivekananda's Talk

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Chetan Merani ~ thank you so much for sharing these passages from the talk and book of Swami

Vivekananda. It struck a deep chord within me, and I am very glad you included the title of the book in

which this talk is repeated. I am that sad child, railing against the stings of the world and shaking my tiny fists at the sky. And then I remember, and then there is peace ... and then I forget, and the process starts over. Yet, I choose to think of this process as an inward turning spiral ~ the more we rail and then remember, the closer we come to the Center of All. Again, deep appreciation ~ Linda

Chetan Merani posted (from: "The Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda Volume 8," Page 252-253):

....Of all feminine types in India, the mother is pre -eminent...Wife andchildren may desert...but his mother never! Mother, again, is theimpartial energy of the universe, because of the colourless love that asksnot, desires not, cares not for the evil in her child, but loves him themore. And today Mother - worship is the worship of all the highest classesamongst the Hindus....This world is all alike the play of Mother. But weforget this. Even misery can be enjoyed when there is no selfishness, whenwe have become the witness of our own lives...finally (for) the wicked self - sufficientmind will die, crushed under repeated blows; and then we shall awake andknow the Mother....surrender to Mother alone cangive us peace. Love Her for Herself, without fear or favour. Love Herbecause you are Her child. See Her in all, good and bad alike. Then alonewill come...Bliss Eternal that is Mother Herself when we realize Her thus... Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.