IndiaDivine.org

Chapter 2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Devi Mandir Family ~ what I learned from Chapter 2 of the Chandi Path

1. The army of thoughts of the Great Ego are many, tricky, and intransigent. They defied the Gods! How

does this relate to me? If I take any moment during the day and stop and pay attention to my

thoughts, it is amazing ... not only are there so many, but many of them are very negative and hence,

Self destructive.

2. If the Gods could not prevail against this army, how can I, a mere human, rid myself of them? Only by

turning to Her, the Goddess and praying to Her to tear these thoughts apart. Unfortunately, the thoughts

don't want to die, even if it is ultimately for their own good (after all, they do eventually, by the Grace of

the Goddess, ascend to heaven). They are sneaky and think of many ways to mask their existence.

For me, they mask much as they did for the king and the business man ~ sadly going over and over the

loss of my job and hence, my status; sadly reminding me over and over until I want to tear my hear out,

how much I miss my daughter, when she is, after all, a phone call or email away. Then my thoughts

start arguing among themselves. Well says thought number 2, of course it makes a difference; you

should miss your daughter and feel utterly miserable. And so, of course, I do. What always amazes me

is that when I am able to catch these thoughts unguarded and STOP them, I am present and Whole.

3. Why would I hang onto this miserable army? I believe it is because I identify my being with my thoughts.

Only by relying on the Goddess, by asking Her to use all Her formidable weapons, entreating Her to

do whatever is necessary, including lopping off the head of the Great Ego, can I ultimately find peace.

Jai MAA!!!! ~ Linda

Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.