IndiaDivine.org

to kaliananda saraswati about Navaratri lessons

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear kaliananda ~ I was very moved by what you wrote. I always feel uplifted by your posts. I too was given a very good and strong reminder about non-attachment, which I will share in another post. For now, thank you for your candid sharing of your entire experience and of what you learned.

kaliananda saraswati wrote:

The three things I learnt today from Chap 1.I was looking forward to visiting the mandir for a few days thisNavaratri but due to a situation at work, there was always a greatpossibility that it would not happen. Last Tuesday i was so estatic whenit looked as though the trip would be a reality, but that was short. Ikept trying for the leave to be approved but to no avail and all thisweekend and especially yesterday after Chandi the desire was so strongthat I decided that if nothing was said today I would go ahead with myplans. I reached work very early this morning and reminded my officethat I had this time planned for travel and needed to confirm to my hostby today, I was told to go ahead with my plans and not to let thesituation stop me. Sooo again I rebooked a flight and was awaiting thedetails of the booking when a Senior officer came to my desk to say thatI will have to wait until this Friday or next Monday to have an answer…. No need to explain the dejection that I felt and still feel tosome extent.After sitting before the altar in quiet reflection these thoughts cometo mind –1. My sadhana commenced at 3.30 a.m. and after abeautiful start to the day i was so caught up with the desire to visitthe mandir that I did not enjoy the beauty of the day which includedjoining the morning satsangha which I would have done before other staffgot to work.2. Faith and truth were lacking. Had i with faith,placed this desire at the Beloved Feet of Mother, trusting Her Will bedone, then that inner confusion and torment would not have beenexperienced.3. Is it the right time for me to be away? Mygranddaughter of 1 month has a very bad colic and her mom is not reallycoping well with her though she tries. Little Kanya can stay awake forhours on end just crying and crying.With Mother's help, this child will return to the sacrificial areaand truly surrender to Her.Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.