IndiaDivine.org

to mj fisher and all about the tools of the Goddess

Rate this topic

Guest guest

mj fisher wrote:

2. The great lengths of time that may be necessary for the asuras to finally be subdued.

Dear mj and all ~ reading Chapter 2 of the Chandi reminded me of a lively discussion in the digest, maybe last year, or maybe the previous year. The discussion was about the Asuras and how they had a negative impact on our lives and practice. What I remember was that many of the Asuras had names, and some are revealed in Chapter 2, while, if my memory is working today, some are named in subsequent chapters. I recall this discussion as very helpful, aiding in identifying what types of thoughts were which Asura. I tend to group everything under Too Much and Too Little, and maybe some additional refinement would help defeat them. The Supreme Goddess prevailed, well, because of Whom She is, but also, I believe, because She was easily able to identify the army of thoughts for what they were. And thus, one weapon worked better for some asuras while others worked well on others.

mj's discussion of the armaments of the Goddess as "tools" also made an impression on me. Even after repeated readings and recitations of the Chandi, this had not occurred to me in this clear way. I wonder if anyone is interested in discussing our Asuras during this sankalpa. Please let me know, or just jump in and get the conversation, and the learning, going.

Jai MAA !!!! Jai SWAMIJI !!!!

~ LindaLooking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.