IndiaDivine.org

to Devi Mandir Family: confusion about the atha brahmadi sapa vimocana

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Devi Mandir Family,

Now that I am reading the atha brahmadi sapa vimocanam over and over, I am realizing that I have some confusion over how the construction of the verses relates to their meaning. I would appreciate help from anyone who may be able to answer this concern, and/or, let me know if Swamiji, in his Chandi class on the website, addresses the preliminary verses, prior to the chapters. Let's see if I can make my confusion comprehensible.

V. 2: "Om Increase, the intrinsic nature of Intellect, the destroyer of the armies of the Great Ego, may the curses of Brahma, Vasistha and Visvamitra be removed."

Okay, are "the intrinsic nature of Intellect" and "the destroyer of the armies" modifiers referring back to Increase? In this case, it seems that they are.

This one is perhaps a bit harder:

V. 4: "Om Hunger, the intrinsic nature of Hunger, praised by the Gods in song, may the curses of Brahma, Vasistha and Visvamitra be removed."

I don't know ... maybe I'm not confused ... now that I type them out, the descriptions following the quality, "Increase, Hunger, Reflection, Energy, etc., it does seem that the following clauses are modifiers of the quality. But why would the Gods be praising Hunger? I guess I am confused.

Also, is there anywhere in the Chandi, or anywhere else, that states what these curses are?

Thank you for all and any help ~ LindamLooking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.