IndiaDivine.org

to Devi Mandir Family about Navaratri Drama and Lesson

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Devi Mandir Family ~ before I share what I learned, well, first I have to read Chapter One again before moving on to Chapter Two. But I wanted to share my own little dance of delusion as Navaratri began. This was going to be the year when I finally "got it right." (Yes, according to my ego.) I finally had the new version of the Chandi Path, and was ready to go. Then yesterday, when I went to get the books (the old version and the new), I couldn't find them anywhere ... Yikes!

I looked and looked. I went back and looked in my duffle bag and my tote, which I had taken on my trip to Maryland to attend my daughter's wedding (and of course, I had taken the books with me). I looked high and low, and I couldn't find them anywhere. I commanded myself to calm down and went back to my beading. Then I looked some more. Still, no books. I thought, "oh, I have left the books at the hotel." I became very despondent because I wouldn't be able to participate.

Then I had the idea to write to Nanda and ask her to take my plight to Swamiji, because ... it was obvious to me, I was very very attached to my books. Nanda wrote back and provided me with an alternative way of participation. So thanks to her help and Swamiji's wisdom, my monkey brain calmed down. Later that night I went into the bedroom to get some wrapping paper for a gift I am sending to my niece. As I walked across the room, I "heard" a voice and had an overall sense perception, "You will find your books." Hmmmm ... I thought to myself, and then let it all go again.

When I went to go to bed, I walked past my computer hutch, which I had walked past many times during the day. On the right side of the desk, underneath the hutch part, hiding in plain sight, were my books. I felt amazed. I felt grateful. I felt like I would have a giggle attack. I wanted to fall on my knees and thank the God/dess and Swamiji for brining me this leela and showing me the way out.

So, one very big lesson is give up ALL attachments, even to my sacred objects and books, even to my need to feel I am doing things the "right" way. Whew! Jai MAA !!!! Jai SWAMIJI !!!!

~ Linda

Vinay wrote:

Hey there everyone, Well, here's some things I learned.1. The concept of too much and too little. Being able to put a name to this pendulum that keeps swinging back and forth.2. That too much and too little are EVERY where in this world and that we all suffer from the same problem. All of us.3. It is very hard to wake up. Do do so we must have great patience and a singular desire.Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips and calculators.