IndiaDivine.org

Chapter 5

Rate this topic

Guest guest

1. This is absolutely my favorite chapter of the Chandi. It begins with the most beautiful and moving hymn to the goddess that I have ever heard. I sang this for some time without knowing where it came from. And then I forgot and here I am reminded again. Near the end it says that she is in all existence as confusion. This is what this chapter ends with. The deliberate leading on the asuras to insure their defeat and the reinstatement of the Gods.2. Then there is the interplay between the Ambassador and the Goddess. I cannot help laughing and saying to myself "Boy, you guys don't know what your are messing with. You don't treat an ordinary woman that way and this is the Goddess!!! The metaphor is very thorough. Self Conceit sends He Who Appears As A Friend to talk to the Goddess with sweet words. So the Ambassador starts saying how great Self Conceit is and how the Goddess might as well be a part of his collection. When she very quietly and softly demurs he ends up threatening her. She is showing only one face to him, she is split off from her other nature as Kali, so she is all sweetness and light at this point. The asuras lead themselves on to destruction in their blindness and unrestrained desires.3. Once again - Mother is in Everything! But she specially manifests in the energies mentioned in the Devi Suktam. If we bow to Her as Mother, we have no fear.Jai Ma!

Lessons from Chapter 5 -

1. Just as many generals/forms in the army of the ego, just as many sweet words are used by the ego to captivate his prey.

2. Discrimination is necessary so as not to be fooled by appearances.

3. Mother displays great humility and patience in her actions.

Jai Maa