IndiaDivine.org

to jmfisher about not expecting support from the external world

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear mj ~ thank you for including this, because it is surely true. Fortunately, I do have some familial support, as my sister Moyi (MaryBeth) is a devotee of Maa and Swamiji, and, in fact, got me to see them at the retreat in Issaqua, now what seems like too many years ago. Unfortunately, I don't have the support of my husband. Fortunately, he doesn't actively try to get me to stop, nor does he belittle my spiritual

work. Although, I have avoided putting my alter up because I fear he will become more active in opposing or making fun of me.

He claims to be an atheist, or at least an agnostic. Sometimes it's very challenging, for I have no one with whom I can share what I am learning, and occasionally, he does make a disparaging remark or two. Like when we got back together, he said, "and we're not having any more of this goddess stuff." I simply did not respond, and he hasn't shown any active opposition to my Chandi being out and about in the house. But my altar will be in the room he has his train set up. I think so long as we are not in the room at the same time, it will work out okay. But I must challenge this fear about setting up my altar, so thanks for the reminder ~ Linda

mjfisher wrote:

3. The response to Mother's purity is the rage of the Asuras. When we enter upon the path of purity we should not expect the world to understand or to approve. New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!