IndiaDivine.org

Chapter 6 lessons ~ too much of a good thing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Devi Mandir Family ~ when I looked at my mail waiting to be sent this morning, I discovered several posts of what I learned from reading the chapters of the Chandi Path. I already sent the one on Chapter 8, and this is for Chapter 6. I guess I put them away to finish or something. Hopefully, this will catch me up.

You're Lost-in-Lowell-MA sadhuk ~ Linda

1. Lessons from Chapter 6 remind us of some things we've already learned: the Supreme Goddess

is in and beyond all; the Supreme Goddess is always there, ready to fight any negative thoughts

or situation; even the sneakiest, trickiest thought can't defeat Divine Mother.

2. Even when I think I am finally done battling with this army of negative thoughts ~ and Chandi Path

gives a very vivid picture of what this army is comprised of ~ one by one, they may sneak back in

enticing my own ego with luxurious promises and pretending to only care for my welfare. Ultimately,

they only care for their own existence. They want me to go back to sleep, to the seductions of the

world and forget my Self.

3. The Supreme Goddess is always there, ready to fight this battle, since She is not taken in by the

seductions of any thought or by a promise of living in the lap of luxury. These thoughts, though they

may pretend to come bearing gifts, are nothing but bats hiding in my belfry. I may think they've gone,

but they are just hanging upside down in the dark waiting, for an opportunity to swoop down and grab me.

If in that moment I can remember Divine Mother, She will come and slay these nasty critters. Without Her I can't do it.

I actually did get "seduced" by thoughts bearing gifts, in the form of "Mother and Father." Since I had always felt like a homeless orphan, and because I had become ill, I was well primed for my fall. Come with us, they said, you won't have to worry about anything ~ money, having enough space to do your art and music, and we will even buy a small house and have it put on our property for you. I was wined and dined by these thoughts, and I did succumb. I left my "kingdom" behind and went with them. For a few months it was like being in Paradise. But with this type of thing, I now realize there is always a price and one I may not want to

pay. I won't go into details, but I soon learned this was not the paradise I had been led to believe it was. The thoughts began to turn on me, and I was sick and had little money of my own, and so was very vulnerable. Naturally I went along with the next attractive but deadly thought to come along, in the form of "boyfriend." Needless to say, things became even worse. It took me ten long years to wake up and come back to my senses, and, without the Divine Goddess, this Divine Devi Mandir Family, and Her Book, I don't think I would have survived. And I really mean that in all its finality.

Now Maa and Swamiji have helped me to see that these thoughts, also being "ancestors," as both are now deceased, deserve my good regard, prayers, and remembrance because they came along to help me learn some very important lessons, not the least of which is never forget true Mother, Divine Mother, and seek Her help if I am ever tempted by what might look like too much of a good thing.

Jai MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LindaNew MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!