IndiaDivine.org

To Devi Mandir Family about Chapter 9

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste DM Family ~ Chapter 9 was a very interesting chapter, short and to the point ~ because of the recalcitrance of the Goddess (just kidding), we're in for another big battle. Of course, historically, women who've stuck to their consciences are often thought of as stubborn and recalcitrant, and treated accordingly ... the whole "drag her back by her hair" thing. In this case, it is Self Conceit who is the recalcitrant one.

1. Self-Conceit is the hardiest of thoughts. He can be killed and still come back. He can send in other thoughts to do his dirty work, and when that doesn't work, he comes himself to drag you off by your hair.

2. Self Conceit, by sending other thoughts to do his bidding, hides behind them, thus, there are many

ways that Self Conceit manifests that we might not initially catch for what it is.

3. The Supreme Goddess, as we have been learning, is always right there (here) to do battle against any thoughts that disturb our peace of mind. We only have to call on Her.

One further note: in thinking again about what Tan Maya said regarding mythology, I have been realizing that the Chandi Path, in the manner of all great works that come, first, from an oral tradition, repeats some of the same ideas. There are two reasons for this ~ in an epic work, repetition helps those who listen remember, without any doubt. In a work that is also a chant or form of worship, there is repetition for the same purpose, but also to, on an energetic level, to put the listeners mind/body/spirit literally in synch with the rhythm, and hence, the meaning of the chant. I first "learned" this in the ethnomusicology class I spoke of in another post. But I had already seen and experienced it.

To call something a myth does not denigrate it or devalue it. A mythos is not something that isn't true. It is something that is so great that it stands valid for all time. Oddly, my sister recently referred to me as a "mythopic," not myopic (:::grin:::) person. She was comparing me with her daughter, my beloved niece, Laura. Laura, who is just 20, has seen Shree Maa and Swamiji on several occasions, as well as other great saints that have visited and re-visited the U.S. She is in college majoring in Anthropology and minoring in Religious Studies.

Jai MAA Jai SWAMIJI

LindaNew MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!