IndiaDivine.org

Walking the Path

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste dear ones;

My interested in the Eastern teachings started on hearing of Goddesses Kali. There was something in the description of this Beautiful Goddess that just could not leave this consciousness. I recall each month the group where I prayed would have a pleasance – this was a form of offering to the divine through dance, or skit - and I tried in every way this limited mind could think to depict Goddess Ka in my offerings, dressing in black and painting lipstick all the way down my chin to represent the outstretched tongue of the Goddess. It was this deep desire to learn more of Kali and the willing hand of Beloved Swamiji, that led me to the Beloved Lotus Feet of Shree Maa.

Over the next few times I will like to share some of the changes that have occurred in my life because of the discipline taught by Beloved Maa and Swamiji. A discipline which has granted me a much better understanding of my purpose on this earth and the knowledge that I am not the doer.

Jai Maa

Namaste maadevi-

I also very much look forward to your posts and thank you for sharing this with us.

I'd like to raise a question related to something you had mentioned.

I am very curious as to why the wearing of Black clothes is taboo? I've tried to ask people about it, but no one that I've asked seems to know exactly why or been able to give me a straight answer. There probably isn't just one answer... Is it associated with " Black magic " or something? And what about people with a dark skin tone? Are they suppossed to be eternally damned?? I'm just wondering because I think it is a BEAUTIFUL color and the concept of it being EVERY color and the idea of " Black Consciousness " as a resistance to oppression and suffering. Even, the Almighty Kali Maa is Black then why do people shun the color? I've been wondering this for awhile.

I'd be interested to hear people's perspectives.

Chandi Maa Ki Jai!

Ann

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:12 PM, maadevi55 <maadevi55 wrote:

Namaste dear ones;

My interested in the Eastern teachings started on hearing of Goddesses Kali. There was something in the description of this Beautiful Goddess that just could not leave this consciousness. I recall each month the group where I prayed would have a pleasance – this was a form of offering to the divine through dance, or skit - and I tried in every way this limited mind could think to depict Goddess Ka in my offerings, dressing in black and painting lipstick all the way down my chin to represent the outstretched tongue of the Goddess. It was this deep desire to learn more of Kali and the willing hand of Beloved Swamiji, that led me to the Beloved Lotus Feet of Shree Maa.

Over the next few times I will like to share some of the changes that have occurred in my life because of the discipline taught by Beloved Maa and Swamiji. A discipline which has granted me a much better understanding of my purpose on this earth and the knowledge that I am not the doer.

Jai Maa