IndiaDivine.org

to maadevi about the blessed use of all available tools

Rate this topic

Guest guest

maadevi wrote:

....We are all blessed to have a link with Maa and Swamiji no matter whereour physical location maybe. May we all be blessed with the devotion toserve Beloved Maa and Swamiji as they deserve.

dear maadevi ~ indeed we are so blessed that Maa and Swamiji use any tools at hand ~ books, recordings, computers, the internet ~ to allow us to connect with them. i don't recall whether the website was available when my sister first "introduced" me to Maa and Swamiji by playing the cassette tape, but i think probably it was not yet up. I'm not even sure exactly when it was put up. i don't think it was up when I first met Maa and Swamiji in Colorado and Washington States during their last tour before the three year sankalpa (glad they're periodically on the road again).

i recall, when I was at one of the programs, i think in Issaqua, Washington, that I put my name on an email list, and not long after began to receive an e-newsletter ... I'm sorry that I can't recall the name of the young man who was putting it together and sending it out, but, it was wonderful, allowing me to feel connected to Maa and Swamiji and what was going on at the Mandir. And then of course, the wonderful website was created and has become a "virtual" reality where we can not only be aware of what is going on at the Mandir, but have access to hearing Maa sing, listening to Swamiji's classes as often as we wish, and even, via the webcams, "be there" for puja, kirtan, etc.

The computer/internet is like many other forms of communication or tools. It may be used for good or ill. Thank goodness (pun intended) that Maa and Swamiji use it to spread so much good, so much that is wonderful, inspirational, motivational, and something that helps us learn and grow on a continuing basis.

JAI MAA !!!!! JAI SWAMIJI !!!!!

~ Linda

P.S. what's in a name, or a pronoun ... i don't know if anyone has noticed, but when i reply to a post i use the capital or lowercase letter that begins the person's post as they have used it ... if they have capped their name, then i cap it, if not then i don't. i have been aware as i've been posting recently, that every time i tape an uppercase "I", i get a squeamish sense of being uncomfortable. It feels as if i am too big. Perhaps i am making mountains out of molehills ... that is one of my life challenges ... but for awhile i'm going to use lower case to see how it feels. i guess either way, the "i " could point to ego because it is self referential, but i don't think it's possible to not use it. If i used the word "one" in my posts, that would definitely feel artificial and pedantic. If anyone has any thoughts on this, i'd love to hear them.

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!