IndiaDivine.org

to Sal about altar in heart

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sal ~ you are so right, and I have for several years, even before David and I got back together, I have made the offerings from my heart as Swamiji instructed. I am sad that I gave the impression that my husband is so angry. It's not so much angry as it is sardonic. Unfortunately, because of what I experienced in early days on the sea of objects and relationships, it is hard to distinguish nuances of emotion. I respond to some one being sardonic, or even just not overtly supporting me, the same way that I respond to anger... something I am still working on about myself. My husband is actually a good, decent and loving man. He just has very strong opinions and not believing in God/dess or a Higher Power is one of them.

But I also like your idea of making the altar in my heart. I had not thought of that. I will start there, and, perhaps as I see it take shape in my heart, I will feel better able to do it in the physical world. Thank you for reminding me of the offerings from the heart and the new suggestion about the altar in the heart. I really like that. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

~ Linda

Sal wrote:

What does it matter that you cannot set up an altar in your home? You can easily do in your heart, and with your third eye, envision you offering every beautiful fragrant flower, and the sweetest, finest quality tasty fruits and milks, and the clearest, most pure water, and feel Maa's delight and love pour over your tired body...You husband is angry because he is afraid of your worship. You are now afraid to worship. Where is there any happiness in that? So you say, "Okay, I cannot build an altar there, I will build one here!"...New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News more. Try it out!

Namaste Linda,

I am glad that you explained further about the situationwith your husband as to me, it is a delicate matter which i opted not to speak on it at the time but rather to offer you in pray to the Goddess.

You have been given some beautiful ideas here by the family but now that you have described the problem i think that you should approach Maa and Swamij for advice - a short note along the lines of the sarcasm and how it affects you. Maybe he does it, because of the effect it has on you, with Gurujis help, who knows, your husband just might become your first devotee.

Love,

maadevi , nierika wrote:>> Dear Sal ~ you are so right, and I have for several years, even before David > and I got back together, I have made the offerings from my heart as Swamiji > instructed. I am sad that I gave the impression that my husband is so angry. > It's not so much angry as it is sardonic. Unfortunately, because of what I > experienced in early days on the sea of objects and relationships, it is hard > to distinguish nuances of emotion. I respond to some one being sardonic, or > even just not overtly supporting me, the same way that I respond to anger... > something I am still working on about myself. My husband is actually a good, > decent and loving man. He just has very strong opinions and not believing in > God/dess or a Higher Power is one of them.> > But I also like your idea of making the altar in my heart. I had not thought > of that. I will start there, and, perhaps as I see it take shape in my > heart, I will feel better able to do it in the physical world. Thank you for > reminding me of the offerings from the heart and the new suggestion about the > altar in the heart. I really like that. Jai Maa Jai Swamiji> ~ Linda> > > Sal wrote:> > What does it matter that you cannot set up an altar in your home? > You can easily do in your heart, and with your third eye, envision > you offering every beautiful fragrant flower, and the sweetest, > finest quality tasty fruits and milks, and the clearest, most pure > water, and feel Maa's delight and love pour over your tired body...> > You husband is angry because he is afraid of your worship. You are > now afraid to worship. Where is there any happiness in that? So you > say, "Okay, I cannot build an altar there, I will build one here!"...> > **************New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. > Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out > (http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000002)>