IndiaDivine.org

to vish about question for Swamiji

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear vish ~ thank you so much for your support and for telling about how you carry your heart altar with you when not near Maa and Swamiji. I really like the idea of that so I am going to do it. I am gradually putting together my physical altar, and so far, no adverse responses from hubby.

I am really sorry because I seem to have created a big stir when mentioning my husband's attitude toward religion and spirituality. He is not overtly hostile about it. We have talked about briefly in therapy, and it is clear his views are not likely to change. My therapist is very spiritual and my strong interest in living a spiritual life was one of the main reasons he accepted me as a client. Right now it is couples therapy because he, Stephen, thinks that the most important worldly goal for me at the moment is for my relationship with David to be a stable one. But he also inserts spiritual practices like pranayama into our therapy sessions. He, Stephen, raised his eyes one time when the subject came up because David stated his views so strongly. But I think as long as I am gentle about walking the path, it will probably be alright. Yesterday a wonderful bhajan cd that I ordered arrived, and he didn't react one way or the other. Still, because of my illness and my dependency on David, I fear to do anything that might bother him. On the other hand, he is a good and generous man ... so it's a bit of a boggle to me.

I do want Swamiji to know that I fear that in expressing my reservations about my husband, toward spirituality, in the digest, it seems as if I have inadvertently perhaps stirred up the group a bit. I am sorry for that, yet I do appreciate the outpouring of support I have received. It has helped strengthen my resolve.

I guess that, given what I have said above, my one question for Swamiji, given what I have said above, is this:

Dear Swamiji ~ since I am fearful about how my husband may react to my spiritual practices, but given that, aside from him possibly being sarcastic, I may be more fearful than is warranted, what do you recommend as to how I begin to build my life as a more spiritual one, and especially do you have any suggestions about my altar. The one I have started to create is very small. Thank you so much for any thoughts on this topic.

And thank you vish for carrying my heartfelt words to Swamiji.

Jai Maa Jai Swamiji

Linda

vish wrote:

Namaste Linda and all family: As your family, we all join in prayer for harmony in your household. Dear Sister, we wish you peace. I suggest also asking questions for Swami. I will post it to him if you desire...Play online games for FREE at Games.com! All of your favorites, no registration required and great graphics – check it out!